*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
So...I want to buy some digital games and heard you can buy a us gift card to buy from US store?

Can anyone explain how I do this/where? (Sorry, it has been asked before but don't want to scroll through loads of pages!)

Soldato
I'm sure I seen someone mention a cd keys website ? You buy the code change the locale then use it?? Just want to make sure before I do it...

See Danny's link

I get mine from offgamers.com, buying the US card. Login using Xbox.com/en-US, redeem code and I'll have it in USD. Buy games and it auto download to my Xbox One, no problem.

I have noticed though, at work, it doesn't automatically change my Xbox to GB region, at home it does. However if you keep going back into xbox.com/en-US, it eventually 'concedes' and stays as that throughout the duration of logging in. Weird but it worked.

Caporegime
One feature I do miss is being able to play your own music during gameplay.

Like for example I'd love to be able to stream some of my own music during Forza.

Is this when someone tells me it's entirely possible? :p

Soldato
Can you not snap music and play from collection/USB/Cloud?

You can also adjust the volume for the snap panel so you can have it as loud or quiet as you like. I snap TV regularly whilst Destiny farming...

Caporegime
Can you not snap music and play from collection/USB/Cloud?

You can also adjust the volume for the snap panel so you can have it as loud or quiet as you like. I snap TV regularly whilst Destiny farming...

I still haven't properly used 'snap' or tried 'snapping' properly :D

So I could in theory play music then snap to the game?

How does this snapping thingy work, can someone put it to me in laments terms? What is the point of it?

I haz 4090!
Don
It basically runs another app at the side of the screen whilst you're doing... whatever on the main part of the screen. So you can be playing a game, watching TV, browsing or whatever takes your fancy, and have another app 'snapped' to the side of the screen. I regularly do it with TV / Skype. Very handy.

Caporegime
It basically runs another app at the side of the screen whilst you're doing... whatever on the main part of the screen. So you can be playing a game, watching TV, browsing or whatever takes your fancy, and have another app 'snapped' to the side of the screen. I regularly do it with TV / Skype. Very handy.

Ah I've seen that.

I find it annoying not having the game in full screen though? No way to let it run in the background?

Soldato
Soldato
Liking the X1 so far, the white console is better looking than I imagined, and not so large that it looks out of place next to my other stuff. Was worried it was gonna look huge :p

Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 are my favs so far, got Assassin's Creed unity downloading couldn't resist the £23 CdKeys price. Game is huge, so play this tomorrow if it has downloaded by then lol.

Yeah overall the X1 is a decent console, looking forward to Halo 5 and a new Gears Of War game !!

Caporegime
Soldato
It's all about Mass Effect 4 for me, BioWare have shown they can still produce the goods with the new Dragon Age, so I have everything crossed for my favourite franchise.

I am looking forward to that too - I know it'll be a new story and all, so I sincerely hope they don't muck it up with stupid ending like ME3 - all my previous game decision meant pluck all!

Back
Top Bottom