*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
I've bought from the web store before and don't have any card associated with my account, I only use gift card codes?

Why on earth wouldn't you put your CC or DC details in though to make a purchase? You can even remove them immediately from your payments options afterwards.

Last edited:
Soldato
But it's for games with gold so it's free and i also have about 17 quid on my account so why should i have to?

I've no idea, I don't have any card details attached and it's no issue for me, but it's hardly a massive problem to fix, is it? Put card details in, and if you really have to, delete straight afterwards.

Soldato
Any of you guys got the plug and play kit. How long does the battery last on s full charge?

I've got it, cant say how long it lasts but I've never thought "has it run out already?!" though I do disable rumble features in most games (because I don't think excessive gaming and vibration would be good for my hands!) :p

Soldato
Nope. It's a pain in the arse and very naughty of Microsoft. You can only do it from your console, which means I've missed out on several Games for Gold titles because I didn't have an Xbone.

I can use the website to add/remove payment details, and download the free games. Not quite sure why you could not?

Soldato
I've no idea, I don't have any card details attached and it's no issue for me, but it's hardly a massive problem to fix, is it? Put card details in, and if you really have to, delete straight afterwards.

Agreed on that but it's a right PITA that you still can't buy stuff on the xbox site with your credit

Caporegime
Started AC Unity. Enjoying it so far and really loving the Free Running, they seemed to have improved on it a lot. :)

Must get around to finishing Alien Isolation soon, and firing Destiny back up!

Soldato
not sure if this is the best place to ask but I've got a friend who had an xbox one for christmas. His internet connection is usually pretty poor (<1meg) due to where he lives, it was always fine for playing online with his old 360 mind.

He mentioned to me that if he tries any online games (namedly fifa) that it is unplayable due to stutter. I have told him to download speedtest to see what his connection is running at and he has had the following...

eu0j93.jpg

His xbox is wired to the router, also he noted that if he unplugs the wire going to the xbox from the router his ping goes down to about 80 and upload goes up to about 0.6...

Any idea on the issue here folks? It's beyond my realms of knowledge

Associate
I don't know too much either but those numbers look terrible.

I found this on the net:

Along with today's clarification of the online requirements of the Xbox One, Microsoft also gave us an internet speed target: "For an optimal experience, we recommend a broadband connection of 1.5Mbps."

I don't believe your friends speeds even meet that requirement.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mate of mine recently came round to download AC Unity as he has 1Mb internet. We watched the first part of the Top Gear special and an episode of QI XL off iPlayer as it finished the other 80% off in the background. His Ping isn't that different to me, but his internet is saturated when one person uses it.

Back
Top Bottom