*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Try it. The Xbox One controller is a lovely thing.

I don't like any console controller, I have a 360 one and its pants. For me its more how it interacts with your hand that I don't like, its never going to get better as I don't like it.

How would that ever work? Remapping a console game via stream to more remapped controls for keyboard and mouse lol. It would be terrible.

All console games are to an extent modified with enhancers to allow the less precise console controller to perform well enough for the gamers. Most of these enhancers are added on as you can turn them off in a lot of games, mind I have seen most in 1st/3rd person shooters.

Previous console generations have kit that can undo these via hardware and game profiles.

Soldato
Sounds good and will take advantage of Windows 10 on my PC. However the consumer Windows market is in decline as people leave desktops and laptops behind and move to Apple/Android devices instead. The Surface was a big failure and I'm not sure this will solely turn that around.

PS

Who wants a windows phone, they are pants:p

Soldato
HoloLens - haven't we been here before with 'Natal' and Project Milo? I remain skeptical until well after the end product has been released.

Xbox One streaming will be great though. PS4 streaming to my Xperia Z3 was one major tick in the PS4 column when I was trying to decide between the two consoles. I went with the Xbox in the end, so it's good to see I'll be getting that feature after all.

Caporegime
HoloLens - haven't we been here before with 'Natal' and Project Milo? I remain skeptical until well after the end product has been released.

Xbox One streaming will be great though. PS4 streaming to my Xperia Z3 was one major tick in the PS4 column when I was trying to decide between the two consoles. I went with the Xbox in the end, so it's good to see I'll be getting that feature after all.

Why the hell would being able to play PS4 games on a phone be a plus?

:confused:

Soldato
Natal was Kinect and Project Milo was just an AI thing, nothing like HoloLens.

Will be interesting to see HoloLens when it appears, nothing like the marketing no doubt!

I think that was his point; that MS create these fancy demos to show off tech that doesn't currently exist in that form (and seemingly, never will).

Soldato

You could play on a tablet/phone if you don't have access to the TV at that moment in time and don't have a Vita. Alternatively you might be at work and use it on breaks. I use the remote play feature quite a lot and will likely use this streaming feature on Windows 10.

Soldato
I think that was his point; that MS create these fancy demos to show off tech that doesn't currently exist in that form (and seemingly, never will).

Bingo.

The fact that journos have had hands on time is reassuring. It doesn't mean this isn't another Project Milo/Kinect though.

Because it lets me play while the missus is watching Eastenders? I can always hook the phone up to my PC monitor and play through that if I want. I'll likely use my tablet with my Xbox One once Windows 10 is out.

Last edited:
Associate
Considering you can load up limelight and stream from PC to an android device I would really hope they do the same with the streaming here and allow us to stream from PC to the console.

Caporegime
You could play on a tablet/phone if you don't have access to the TV at that moment in time and don't have a Vita. Alternatively you might be at work and use it on breaks. I use the remote play feature quite a lot and will likely use this streaming feature on Windows 10.

But why's it a plus? It would be horrible using touch screen controls.

Back
Top Bottom