*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
The game streaming is interesting, i'd probably only use it if i could play remotely though.

I'll test out streaming to a local PC, then remoting into it that with team viewer or similar and see if the games are playable. If it works and isn't a laggy mess that would be a result.

Soldato
The game streaming is interesting, i'd probably only use it if i could play remotely though.

I'll test out streaming to a local PC, then remoting into it that with team viewer or similar and see if the games are playable. If it works and isn't a laggy mess that would be a result.

I'm sure it would be a laggy mess with Team Viewer. If you've got the bandwidth, a VPN in might be ok. Whichever remote method ends up working (if at all), I suspect it will need the sort of upload speeds that you get with fibre.

Caporegime
Considering a standard teamviewer session on a 76Mb line to a 55Mb line is not stutter free I would not even bother trying to game over a teamviewer session.

Some people just seem glutten for punishment. :p

Soldato
Anyone order a new controller recently, got a second one and it feel a hell of a lot better than my Day one controller!

That's interesting my day one controller has failed, the left stick does not rest in the dead zone so will constantly scroll through menus or character will walk in game when not touching pad :(

Over a year old now so doubt MS or xbox support will help.

Soldato
That's interesting my day one controller has failed, the left stick does not rest in the dead zone so will constantly scroll through menus or character will walk in game when not touching pad :(

Over a year old now so doubt MS or xbox support will help.

Try the controller update see if that fixes it, had a similar issue that seemed to be cured.

Soldato
I have the day 1, a standard black one from release, a titanfall one and the camo one. The first 2 are of a much lower standard than the 2 themed ones. Seem to be made worse.

Soldato
Good to know build quality has improved. My Day One pad ain't great. It works, but it creaks, flexes, the left stick is loose and catches on the casing. I just assumed it was badly designed.

Soldato
Good to know build quality has improved. My Day One pad ain't great. It works, but it creaks, flexes, the left stick is loose and catches on the casing. I just assumed it was badly designed.

Mine was the same for the creeks and flexing, this is a standard black one and its 100%.

Soldato
The UI on this thing is just horrible. Why didn't they keep the guide button from the 360? It was an excellent idea and made inviting people to games or parties a doddle. Now it's just a pain in the arse!

Associate
Id give a game about 30-45mins to fully install tbh.

Apparently disconnecting from the internet speeds up the install as the console isnt downloading the huge patches in the background

Associate
Agree with that, the UI, party system, and achievements are a big step back from the 360.

I'm hoping the reason they haven't fixed this yet is they are working on fixing it for when W10 hits later this year. It's been so poor since the start with little improvement, while they've made several improvements in other areas.

Back
Top Bottom