*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
I've recently picked up the Turtle Beach XO7 Pro which is pretty good - comes with the adapter to plug into the joypad, has good sound quality and does mic monitoring.

This, i got the same one and it's been great. It was a little uncomfortable at first but i think it's due to never having worn a headset for so long before (8 hour sessions etc). Reading reviews some people placed it over a football when not in use to stretch it out a bit and make it a little less clampy on the ears.

On the plus side though... the leather is comfy as hell, the sound is great, it has mic monitoring (couldn't live without it) and it's pretty well built. No cables going to the console either!

Check on the amazon place, seems to be the only place selling it. You want the turtlebeach x0 SEVEN PRO, not the X07. Same headset but different controller adapters, the latter being the basic microsoft one without mic monitoring.

Soldato
Hi all,

Are there any recommended external USB drives for the XBOX ONE? I know it has to be usb 3 and over 256 gig. But does it need external power? or can the USB port provide enough? does 7200RPM make a difference in loading times? Ideally looking for something around 2gig to store games on.

It doesn't need external power.

I'm using a 2TB WD Passport Ultra, games appear to load a bit quicker than the internal drive to me.

EDIT: not GB it's TB, haha

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks spaceman, I've ordered A WD Passport to :D

No problem.

Moving Horizon 2 over to the external sorted out the gear shift hanging bug for me.

I just get the not so bad sound bug every so often rather than the game hanging on gear changes very often when near drivatars which it was doing on the internal drive.

Soldato
The only problem i've had recently is Microsoft making Far Cry 4 unavailable in the store twice in the last week.

This stops anyone with a digital copy from even starting the game...

Soldato
I don't use my xbox much but I've not had many issues with xbox live. All my main issues are that the ui is buggy and sluggish. Sometimes I can't send messages, party chat doesn't work and when I try to resume a game it freezes and I have to hard reboot the console. It's a shame as the 360 ui was actually really responsive. Why do companies try to give us what we don't want and actually leave us with a product that is worse than the previous generations.

The ps4 interface is great as it's just so simple. No faffing about with tiles spread out all over my screen.

Soldato
I guess the UI is personal preference, some think the ps4 UI is too basic but it's not really. Everything is easy to navigate, few things could be improved such as folders so there is less scrolling across the screen to find stuff though.

The 360 interface was good not had the chance to try xbox one yet.

Soldato
The ps4 interface is great as it's just so simple. No faffing about with tiles spread out all over my screen.

I guess the UI is personal preference, some think the ps4 UI is too basic but it's not really. Everything is easy to navigate, few things could be improved such as folders so there is less scrolling across the screen to find stuff though.

Simple is better IMO. I've had to Google how to do stuff the Xbox One. Something I've never had to do on the PS4. The problem is that the Xbone UI was designed for Kinect which I don't have so it's a PITA to use. Hopefully they'll update it when Windows 10 comes out.

Soldato
The problem is that the Xbone UI was designed for Kinect which I don't have so it's a PITA to use. Hopefully they'll update it when Windows 10 comes out.

I don't really buy that. The XO interface reflects the Modern Windows 8 style, nothing to do with Kinect, and seeing as Windows 10 still uses live tiles on it's start menu, I don't see much changing design wise apart from maybe colours and icons.

I don't have a problem with how it works, although I admit it is more in-depth than the PS4 system because it has to be due to the other things the XO can do with snapping etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't really buy that. The XO interface reflects the Modern Windows 8 style, nothing to do with Kinect, and seeing as Windows 10 still uses live tiles on it's start menu, I don't see much changing design wise apart from maybe colours and icons.

I don't have a problem with how it works, although I admit it is more in-depth than the PS4 system because it has to be due to the other things the XO can do with snapping etc.

Agreed it's not to do with connect and generally more in line with its Windows products for consistency. I have Kinnect and it doesn't make it any more enjoyable to use really.

Although to suggest it's more in depth is not really correct, it doesn't do significantly more than the PS4 to warrant such a sluggish buggy UI. It's especially not anything to do with the snapping feature! :p

I think overall though both Sony and MS could take some pointers from each other with regards to the UI.

Back
Top Bottom