*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
One of my favourite games ever, it does an amazing job of recreating the Alien movie atmosphere in a videogame. Genuinely terrifying and awesome visuals. Pray they make a sequel.

Soldato
Has anyone got any experience of replacing a thumbstick mechanism in the controller? I smashed the controller on my head and broke the thumbstick, and I think the mechanism itself.

I've got a torx screw on the way to have a look at it, but it looks like you need to desolder the old one and then solder the new one in. The replacement itself is cheap (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gamers-Gear...=8-4&keywords=xbox+one+thumbstick+replacement) but I haven't soldered anything since school so I'm worried I'll screw it up. I also would have to buy a kit which would probably bring the whole repair to about £20. Still cheaper than a new controller, but with the risk that I'll end up with something that doesn't work.

What would you do?

Associate
Has anyone got any experience of replacing a thumbstick mechanism in the controller? I smashed the controller on my head and broke the thumbstick, and I think the mechanism

What would you do?
You smashed it on your head ? Wtf lol. 2 questions how hard is your head :D and were you playing Fifa at the time ?

Soldato
Before I reply to that, I want an explanation :D

You smashed it on your head ? Wtf lol. 2 questions how hard is your head :D and were you playing Fifa at the time ?

I was playing FIFA and I'd lost about 5 in a row, I thought I'd sorted out my FIFA rage but EVERYTHING was going against me, keepers being dodgy, missing open goals, balls bouncing around right into their strikers path so they could score. I was getting more and more frustrated, I got two red cards in a game and the guy went 3-0 up against me and I lost it. I smashed it on my forhead, broke the right thumbstick and gave myself a nasty bruise.

Caporegime
I was playing FIFA and I'd lost about 5 in a row, I thought I'd sorted out my FIFA rage but EVERYTHING was going against me, keepers being dodgy, missing open goals, balls bouncing around right into their strikers path so they could score. I was getting more and more frustrated, I got two red cards in a game and the guy went 3-0 up against me and I lost it. I smashed it on my forhead, broke the right thumbstick and gave myself a nasty bruise.

Ahahahaha 'Fifa Rage'

Anyway, in answer to your question. It's already broken so give the repair a go, you havent got anything to lose.

Soldato
Wave two of the updates, dedicated servers just for chat, that's damned impressive!

Voice messages – Xbox One preview program members will be able to compose and playback voice messages in the messages app when snapped on Xbox One. Quickly and easily record audio to send to your friends or others through your snapped messages app accessed through a simple quick double tap of the Xbox button. Additionally, voice messages can be exchanged between Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles.

Dedicated servers for party chat – We’re enhancing party chat with dedicated chat relay servers that will enable Xbox One owners that may have historically had NAT issues to party chat more reliably. Parties where players are unable to form direct peer-to-peer connections for party chat will automatically leverage dedicated server infrastructure to relay traffic. This service is only enabled for parties where one or more members are previewing the April system update.

What’s On – The Xbox engineering team is continuing to experiment with the What’s On area, which highlights popular videos, movies, TV shows and game broadcasts. We’re continuing to test different experiences for preview members in the U.S. and this month, the preview of this feature is being expanded to Canada and the UK as well.

Associate
Has anyone got any experience of replacing a thumbstick mechanism in the controller? I smashed the controller on my head and broke the thumbstick, and I think the mechanism itself.

I've got a torx screw on the way to have a look at it, but it looks like you need to desolder the old one and then solder the new one in. The replacement itself is cheap (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gamers-Gear...=8-4&keywords=xbox+one+thumbstick+replacement) but I haven't soldered anything since school so I'm worried I'll screw it up. I also would have to buy a kit which would probably bring the whole repair to about £20. Still cheaper than a new controller, but with the risk that I'll end up with something that doesn't work.

What would you do?

haha i just wrenched the thumb pad so hard it broke fifa raging

its actually easier than it looks my bro says as he has mine at minute to fix

basically you just get rid of the old solder in the holes then place the new part in there and the tips are exposed through the holes and you solder over them .

that link you put is for third party ones the actual ones in the controller are made by alps i have ordered 5 from here https://www.fasttech.com/products/1...s-x1-3-pin-3d-analog-joystick-module-for-xbox

cheap as chipsand may take a couple of weeks to arrive but they also do some controller housings for 4 quid and a media remote for pennies along with other goodies so i bulked the order

Associate

What would you do?

New controller is £22 on the jungle. Ive ordered one. :p
Im still going to repair my old controller but its on hold since china seller decided to send me the wrong screwdriver :mad:

Back
Top Bottom