*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
getting annoyed with my xbox one
it just becomes unresponsive every other day and i have to hard reset

it will be sitting at the dashboard, but you cannot load anything, no games, apps, or settings. you can press A and it makes a noise but nothing happens
then when you turn it off with the controller the console X slowly flashes for several minutes before finally turning off

Mine does the same thing more often than I'd like. I've just been doing a hard reset - really annoying though. I've read that Microsoft is aware of the problem and are looking at what causes it. There is survey about it this month on the preview app I think.

Reading about on reddit and stuff suggest it might be the instant on mode playing up. I think I'll try turning that off as Gord suggested!

Soldato
Mine does the same thing more often than I'd like. I've just been doing a hard reset - really annoying though. I've read that Microsoft is aware of the problem and are looking at what causes it. There is survey about it this month on the preview app I think.

Reading about on reddit and stuff suggest it might be the instant on mode playing up. I think I'll try turning that off as Gord suggested!

hey, yes it's the instant on mode I'm nearly sure
I turned it off and haven't had the issue again so far
on the downside everything needs to load from scratch again
hope they sort it!

Soldato
Are all of you guys experiencing these issues on the preview programme?

I get this issue intermittently and I'm on Preview Program.

Also, the Xbox occasionally drops wireless connection completely and refuse to reconnect respite entering the right password. Hard reset fixes it.

I also get occasional drop in Casting broadcasting from the Xbox i.e. it's not showing up on my list of devices. Again, hard reset fixes it.

I still have instant on, on.

Soldato
Yeah I use Instant On, and I'm on the preview programme. No major issues really but sometimes the One Guide is incredibly slow, or the OS just is slow in general. I have no desire to turn Instant On, off, but I have considered leaving the preview programme.

Soldato
Haven't turned my xbox on in a couple of weeks, it's done an update and now its completely knackered. Loads up to main screen but doesn't log me in, go to log in and it freezes. Games start to load and then freeze, controller in unresponsive. Anyone had anything like this?

Soldato
First "wave" of updates this month, theirs apparently a second incoming later in April.

This month, we’re rolling out updates to our Xbox One Preview program members in two waves, with the first set coming today and more to come next week. Check out the list below for features in this first April system update preview that is starting to roll out this afternoon:

Party chat improvements – Party chat is being improved with troubleshooting guidance for Xbox One owners. The Party App will help you get your microphone enabled and show you when privacy settings or networking issues are blocking communication with particular party members.

Game hub links – Members can more easily discover game hub content from activity feed items. You’ll see activity feed items when any of your friends follow a game, and you’ll also be able to get back to a game’s hub from activity feed posts related to the game – including feed items about the game’s achievements, game clips and screenshots. Finally, we’ve added a link to game hubs from the game’s page in the achievements app.

Achievement notifications – With this preview release, you’ll also see the achievement’s description in the notification so you know what you did to earn this achievement without having to open the achievements app. If you do choose to open up the notification to see the achievement details, we’ve also made some performance improvements to make loading the achievements app from a notification faster.

Soldato
Seems my controller is knackered. Whenever I let go of the right thumb stick it now detects a very slight forward push. Which means when I am running around in Titanfall jumping from wall to wall the camera keeps slowly panning down. Extremely frustrating.

Anyone else get this before? Is there a way to fix it or is it new controller time?

Caporegime
Was playing Alien: Isolation last night and my cat was on the TV Cabinet lying next to the kinect.

There is me, wondering why I can't seem to sneak past a certain point no matter what I did!....little did I know the cat is snoring away and I forgot I had the Kinect mic turned on so they could hear him!

Bloody thing, he'll be the death of me! :p

Soldato
Was playing Alien: Isolation last night and my cat was on the TV Cabinet lying next to the kinect.

There is me, wondering why I can't seem to sneak past a certain point no matter what I did!....little did I know the cat is snoring away and I forgot I had the Kinect mic turned on so they could hear him!

Is his name Jonesy?

Man of Honour

Hahahah, awesome :D

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom