*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Miracast!

Is it only 1 way, so casting out to devices only? i.e. See my gaming screen on my Windows Phone 8.1 or my Windows 8.1 Tablet, but not the other way unless using casting apps such as TubeCast?

Either way, this maybe a good move for me to play whilst my missus want "full screen" TV rather than snapped.

"Power on and off from Xbox One SmartGlass"

My voice command works faster than the XBO Smartglass app launch :/

Caporegime
You're miracasting from the tablet to the Xbone aren't you? So it's only one way with the Xbone (via your HDTV) displaying what's on your tablet or phone.

Or have I got it wrong?

Soldato
Sorry let me rephrase, I can currently cast my video to the Xbox via apps on Phone with casting settings. Tablet can cast as long as it's video or links, but both phone and tablet can never cast what's on screen (like real time)

I am assuming this miracasting function on the XBO is basically allowing Xbox to WP8.1 / W8.1 screen (or supported devices), so whatever your Xbox is displaying. Basically giving us what the Wii U screen controller can do?

Caporegime
Sorry let me rephrase, I can currently cast my video to the Xbox via apps on Phone with casting settings. Tablet can cast as long as it's video or links, but both phone and tablet can never cast what's on screen (like real time)

I am assuming this miracasting function on the XBO is basically allowing Xbox to WP8.1 / W8.1 screen (or supported devices), so whatever your Xbox is displaying. Basically giving us what the Wii U screen controller can do?

OK, so you think you will be able to play your Xbone games via a tablet or phone. A bit like RemotePlay on PS Vita?

Soldato

No - think of the XO becoming a Chromecast dongle. You are displaying content from your PC or phone/tablet on the screen that your XO is connected to.

Game streaming (i.e. play your XO games on another device) is coming later I think and is separate to this.

That's my understanding?

Caporegime
Yes, I think Nismo is right here. But with Miracast you can mirror your display entirely, not just play YouTube videos and such. So you could run the BBC Weather app and it would display via Xbone on your TV for example.

Soldato
OK, so you think you will be able to play your Xbone games via a tablet or phone. A bit like RemotePlay on PS Vita?

No - think of the XO becoming a Chromecast dongle. You are displaying content from your PC or phone/tablet on the screen that your XO is connected to.

Game streaming (i.e. play your XO games on another device) is coming later I think and is separate to this.

That's my understanding?

RIGHT!

I think I must have got Miracast and Live Streaming crossed.

So remote play is not available yet, this Miracast is basically "Chromecast" functionality. Isn't that already working now anyway? I mean I've been doing that via my tablet and phone since 8.1 updated, and Dev made apps with casting functions e.g. TubeCast.

e: Just saw ic1male's reply and so there is functionality to show my phone / tablet apps that currently do not have casting functionality then?

Caporegime
e: Just saw ic1male's reply and so there is functionality to show my phone / tablet apps that currently do not have casting functionality then?

This is what I'm assuming - I have no first hand experience with Miracast and Android/Windows Phone. But I think it does exactly the same as AppleTV does for iPhone and iPad on iOS.

Soldato
Well, let's see how it works exactly when it's realised - looking forward to it if what you're assuming is right. Imagine playing Angry bird on my TV - that kind of idea :)

I seem to be deep in MS' ecosystem, so this is good news if they all work well together.

Caporegime
Its basically mirroring pretty much everything from one set of devices onto your XO in real time. So if its a mobile phone youll see the home screen, apps etc. Well thats how Miracast works on my TV when I connect my Andriod phone to it...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Its basically mirroring pretty much everything from one set of devices onto your XO in real time. So if its a mobile phone youll see the home screen, apps etc. Well thats how Miracast works on my TV when I connect my Andriod phone to it...

How much of a lag do you notice from say on screen animation when swiping etc?

Caporegime
Id say it wouldnt be something I would game on, its pretty quick but you can see/feel the delay (I notice it when swiping between the diffferent home screens). I mainly use it just to show a group of people something from my phone, never used it like you suggested - could see it working for most mobile games that arent fast paced or reaction based...

Back
Top Bottom