*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
How's everyone else linking up for Remote play in the preview programme? I don't really have the use for a laptop or another tablet (have my desktop PC and iPad) but quite keen to pick up a cheap laptop or even tablet (cheap because I'll literally just use for remote play). Any recommendations?

Associate
Apologies if this has already been asked but is there anyway for me to 'purchase' the GWG but not download them?

If I purchase via the website they automatically drop into my download queue.

I picked up a Xbox one yesterday and so far I'm pleased and impressed with it!

As for the UI, it seems a little unstructured and lacking tho. Like Xbox live games, there are no category's or generally easy browsing, I just get a list of games to sprawl through. And they've removed a section for demos, instead you have to search for them, and unless I'm mistaken there's only half a dozen on there!?

Not sure I've fully got the hang on the snapping yet, is it just a gimmick, or do you find it useful? Can you adjust the size of each screen?

I do love the streaming option to Windows 10, that works much better than I'd expected!

Not fused over putting my rubbish freesat box through the hdmi in, it doesn't work at the best of times. So I've just hooked up the chromecast through it at the moment. With the purchasable TV stick you can get, do you get freebies channels with this?

Overall, it's good, and I think will just take some adjusting from 8-9 years of having a 360. Although, I certainly want to hear about any UI changes coming and expansion to it!

Associate
I picked up a Xbox one yesterday and so far I'm pleased and impressed with it!

As for the UI, it seems a little unstructured and lacking tho. Like Xbox live games, there are no category's or generally easy browsing, I just get a list of games to sprawl through. And they've removed a section for demos, instead you have to search for them, and unless I'm mistaken there's only half a dozen on there!?

Not sure I've fully got the hang on the snapping yet, is it just a gimmick, or do you find it useful? Can you adjust the size of each screen?

I do love the streaming option to Windows 10, that works much better than I'd expected!

Not fused over putting my rubbish freesat box through the hdmi in, it doesn't work at the best of times. So I've just hooked up the chromecast through it at the moment. With the purchasable TV stick you can get, do you get freebies channels with this?

Overall, it's good, and I think will just take some adjusting from 8-9 years of having a 360. Although, I certainly want to hear about any UI changes coming and expansion to it!

I agree the store structure could be better. There is a section for demos however, if you scroll to the bottom of the store.

I haven't bothered with the HDMI pass-through for my Sky.

Associate
Thought I would grab gears 3 (360) seeing as its on GwG from the xbox.com website for when BC becomes a reality outside of the preview prog and found that I need to link a credit card to purchase a 360 game, much jokes :(

Soldato
Thought I would grab gears 3 (360) seeing as its on GwG from the xbox.com website for when BC becomes a reality outside of the preview prog and found that I need to link a credit card to purchase a 360 game, much jokes :(

Just buy the game on disc...when it comes to BC itll download anyway.

Back
Top Bottom