*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

I've had a thought, but not the resources to test..

So the Xbox 360 controller doesn't work ok the Xbox one. Accepted.

But, when you stream the Xbox one to a Windows 10 computer, the first thing it pops up with is "No controller detected". Basically saying, there isn't one plugged into the laptop. Now this isnt a problem if your wireless controller is in range of the xbox, as it'll work just fine.

So what if you attach an Xbox 360 wired controller to the PC and run the streaming. What will happen? The PC has the necessary drivers. So unless they've purposely built in a block for them in the xbox application, I don't see why it wont work.

Anyone able to test?

Soldato
I quite fancy the blue version of the camo controller.

I did try and customise my own controller, it looked pretty sweet but it was just a practice on a broken controller (which is why the right thumbstick isn't there).

I was far too impatient though so the finished of the paint was a bit dodgy in places. I've since resprayed it just a flat teal colour rather than the colour fade thing. I will get a new controller soon so I'll try and get a working version of it put together.

fE4JXG1l.jpg

Soldato
Service status indicates otherwise : https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

That and it was working fine at 2am for me...

I tried early hours this morning and it wouldn't let me sign in,tried again from 0600 this morning and the same thing. Comments on downtime seem to say you can log into 360 but not Xbone.. doesn't matter now anyway as I've got work just wanted to get my daily login bonus on warframe :)

Soldato
I tried early hours this morning and it wouldn't let me sign in,tried again from 0600 this morning and the same thing. Comments on downtime seem to say you can log into 360 but not Xbone.. doesn't matter now anyway as I've got work just wanted to get my daily login bonus on warframe :)

The problem with logging in is an issue with account.live.com if your personal details are not filled in fully on that it will not allow you to log into xbox. Probably some changes they are making for windows 10 etc but either way really annoying that they give you no clues as to why it wouldn't log in. There are loads of people having the issue and I bet most wont know why for quite some time.

Soldato
Just got my covert forces controller today, loving the improved shoulder buttons and the inbuilt headphone jack so I can use my Astro's without buying the chat adapter, needed another controller anyway so thought why not! :D

[IMG][/QUOTE]
In that second image, is that a fracture from the jack to the front face?

Soldato
Streaming for me on this is unplayable. Strange as it's through wired LAN but the lag is awful.

It was perfect, until the latest App update for Win10. Before that I was getting good framerates, and playing for hours on wireless(!) with no lag or graphic glitches. However it's become a lot more laggy and a generally poor experience since the update, hoping it gets sorted in a future update.

Soldato
It was perfect, until the latest App update for Win10. Before that I was getting good framerates, and playing for hours on wireless(!) with no lag or graphic glitches. However it's become a lot more laggy and a generally poor experience since the update, hoping it gets sorted in a future update.

Good to hear someone else has my problem, struggled to find anyone else. I am hoping it fixes it too on the next update.

Soldato
Happy with the X1. Should I hold onto my XBox 360 games?
Also, what's a Xbox 360 Gears of War Edition console worth? It's in mint condition and comes with all original boxes and packaging.
Can't see any point in keeping it now.

Soldato
Happy with the X1. Should I hold onto my XBox 360 games?
Also, what's a Xbox 360 Gears of War Edition console worth? It's in mint condition and comes with all original boxes and packaging.
Can't see any point in keeping it now.

Unless you need the money and or space I'd say keep them. The console is probably worth £80 or so I'd guess so I'd keep that too :) You may get to use the games if they are on the compatibility list but the 360 controller is better than than the new one imo so I'd prefer to play the games with that.

Soldato
I haven't touched my 360 since moving over to the One. My missus still diligently download the free games, occasionally plays it when I was on the one, till she got her own, now it's just gathering dust.

I'd say sell it.

Hold some of the classic 360 games or your favourite, then sell the rest off. I used those money to fund controllers / headsets etc.

Soldato
Hmm, I'll probably sell it then. I'll have a look around the console to format/wipe HDD and reset it to factory.

I'll keep some games (Some that I haven't even opened yet!) and play them if they become available.

Back
Top Bottom