*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Hmm, I'll probably sell it then. I'll have a look around the console to format/wipe HDD and reset it to factory.

I'll keep some games (Some that I haven't even opened yet!) and play them if they become available.

Make sure you save your saves to the cloud before formatting. I forgot to do that with RDR and lost all my progress :mad:

Soldato
out of interest, what's your endpoint device? I've only tested it on a Surface Pro 3 using wireless (AC)

Tried through my celeron laptop (which is a few years old and never used) so then tried on my main PC as thought maybe it was the dire laptop. PC is right next to my Xbox and was the same.

I tried wireless, wired (power line adapters) and also direct Ethernet to the router on both, all gave me the same result with terrible delay.

Soldato
Tried through my celeron laptop (which is a few years old and never used) so then tried on my main PC as thought maybe it was the dire laptop. PC is right next to my Xbox and was the same.

I tried wireless, wired (power line adapters) and also direct Ethernet to the router on both, all gave me the same result with terrible delay.

that's not good to hear. I did think though why would I start blaming my connection method, when before this update it was very good, sort of proves it's a software thing.

strange it's only me and you reporting this though? I absolutely cain this streaming feature, probably only used the xbox connected to the TV two or 3 times since it hit preview! :eek:

Associate
I use streaming almost every night so the issues you're having are to do with the setup you have.

Do you have a different router you can try?

Use a virgin super hub 2 and it's great.

Soldato
Going to give it another go tonight as haven't tried it for 2 weeks ish, but good point about the router. I currently have the bog standard Sagemcom you get from Sky.

Associate
xbox live down for anyone else?

EDIT: website working at long last :(

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Social and Gaming: Limited

Affected platforms:Xbox One Xbox 360
Affected services:
Joining other Xbox Live members in online games
Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing
24/07/2015 20:07:15 GMT:
Are you running into issues creating or joining multiplayer matches? Additionally, are you having trouble joining parties or sending party invites? We’re aware of the issue and hard at work to find a fix. Thanks for being patient, Xbox members! We’ll provide an update as soon as we have more information.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey folks,

signed up to the preview program the other day and whilst its still saying that I'm awaiting approval ever since my xbox seems to be really unstable? Both Fifa and Forza crash to the home screen every 5 mins or so. CoD and GTA seem more stable but still have the occasional crash.

I've tried powering off and reinstalling but still have the issues. Any suggestions? Is it the preview updates?

Soldato
Doubt it. Until you are approved it won't update the dashboard.

That said I've been having similar problems for a couple of weeks. Turns out the cloud sync is screwed. Cleaned them all off, it's now refusing to sync them back over my fibre connection. MS are pointing the blame at my ISP.

Back
Top Bottom