*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
The Windows 10 streaming was working perfect for me yesterday but today i'm getting a flicker every couple of seconds or so and it's annoying. I have tried re-starting and adjusting settings but nothing stops the screen flickering to black momentarily. It's strange as it was working perfect yesterday.

Has anyone else had this at all ?

Soldato
Spent a good few hours playing Battlefield 4 this evening via the Windows 10 streaming. Brilliant! It was absolutely flawless.

My Xbox is wired to a Virgin Superhub 2, with my Surface connected over 802.11n.

Also, I haven't tested this yet, but I read somewhere that you can do 'split screen' multiplayer with one player using the tablet and the other using the TV... :D

Soldato
that's not good to hear. I did think though why would I start blaming my connection method, when before this update it was very good, sort of proves it's a software thing.

strange it's only me and you reporting this though? I absolutely cain this streaming feature, probably only used the xbox connected to the TV two or 3 times since it hit preview! :eek:

Not just you guys. I've had this problem for weeks now and it still isnt sorted. Tried everything, new router, different cables, wired, wireless, different laptops, a desktop, several installs of windows. Nothing fixed it. The only variable left is that a select few consoles cant produce smooth streaming for some reason.

Soldato
Streaming is actually marginally better for me in the full release than it was in the preview, which is impressive, as I considered it flawless before anyway. Really impressed with just how well/easy it works. Great they got the 360 pad to fully emulate the XO one too, before in the preview the guide button did nothing. All I'm missing is rumble triggers, but at least it's wireless :)

For reference my XO is connected wirelessly via AC to an upstairs router (Nighthawk R7000), W10 PC is connected to the router via ethernet.

Max bandwidth playing on high quality seems to be around 10-15Mbps so as long as you can get that you should be fine.

Soldato
I've found issues when the mouse is not at the top of the screen showing the top bar when streaming games. Try it.

Fine here, mine goes to fullscreen automatically and plays fine. I can move the mouse around, dive into the streaming menus along the top no issue.

I did see a bit of weirdness which matches what you describe on the preview though.

Soldato
No joy with mine it's now failing to connect and giving me 3 red crosses. I have tried it with everything wired and it's still the same. If it does connect it lags badly and looses connection.

Have tried all settings but nothing helps, It's weird as it worked perfect for one day ?

Soldato
OP
Streaming fine here just been trying it with a few games and its really neat:)

I guess you guys having problems streaming are running the latest version of the xbox app version 7.729027.00000?

Soldato
Streaming fine here just been trying it with a few games and its really neat:)

I guess you guys having problems streaming are running the latest version of the xbox app version 7.729027.00000?

Will have a look. Is this on the PC or Xbox ? Pretty sure I'm using whatever was on win10 when installed on PC unless it has upgraded itself. Same with Xbox unless it has upgraded itself.

Soldato
Just checked and my PC app is 7.729027.00000. Still not working this morning with my One and PC wired to the same router...

Think I will just give up with it tbh...

Back
Top Bottom