*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
I still have same issue as mentioned few pages back (extreme lag when streaming) I've tried:

Wired
Wireless
Laptop
Desktop
Opening certain ports
Changing the router
Lowering the quality of the stream
Laptop running preview build
Desktop running full version
Xbox running preview

Safe to say I give up, it's obviously an issue MS side or maybe some hidden option.

Soldato
OP
I still have same issue as mentioned few pages back (extreme lag when streaming) I've tried:

Wired
Wireless
Laptop
Desktop
Opening certain ports
Changing the router
Xbox running preview

Safe to say I give up, it's obviously an issue MS side or maybe some hidden option.

When you run the test streaming option on the pc app do you pass all the streaming tests.?

Soldato
Did you even read the article you posted n111ck?

Microsoft's strategy with the Xbox One so far has been to throw money at third parties in exchange for exclusivity on key titles. This has delivered a decent list of third party exclusives. Going forward, this strategy makes less sense. Games like Halo 5, Fable, Crackdown, Quantum Break and Scalebound are nearing completion - the Xbox line-up over the next few years will be decent without the need for expensive third party exclusivity agreements.

There's no need to sensationalise the story. This isn't the Daily Mail.

Last edited:
Soldato

Wired
Wireless
Laptop
Desktop
Opening certain ports
Changing the router
Xbox running preview

Poor router? (low data transfer rate?).

Surely your external Internet connection won't matter if it's on the same network, ie you could unplug your incoming Internet line.

Caporegime
Of course Microsoft can afford it. Microsoft is not exactly a company strapped for cash.

The key point is that they can't justify the expenditure it takes when they can't really secure a genuine exclusive.

Any 3rd party is going to reserve the right to sell on PC or push for a time based exclusive instead.

So given the expense required (which ill be more due to the fact they don't have the largest user base when compared with sony) and the fact MS already have significant investment in their own IP rights

It makes little sense for them to continue plowing money at 3rd parties for very little real return.

Soldato
Have you tried a different router ?

Nope only have the Virgin one. I have however connected both my PC and Xbox one to an external gigabit switch and it's still the same.

What I find weird is it worked perfect when I first installed Win 10 on high with no stuttering or anything. This was via wireless 5GHz on my laptop and Xbox one connected direct to the Virgin router. Nothing changed the next day other than the streaming is now stuttery and has not resolved since ?

I have given up and will try again in a few weeks and see if it's any better.

Associate

What are you agreeing with?

The fact that you were right and MS cant afford 3rd party exclusives or that there is no point in them as they invest more in the IPs they own?

Either way, i'd rather have MS invest in their own studios, IPs and new IPs rather than pay for timed exclusives or early DLC on CoD.

Soldato
I thought it was pretty obvious from the years and next years games that MS want to own IPs and not rent them for a time anymore.

Yea, clearly its that MS don't have enough money lol.
Though they do seem to have spent a lot of money on running a decent online service.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom