*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

how on earth does it track all those objects and download that data to your xbox as required? Magic?

People for ages have been calling the cloud BS but if that actually works then its pretty cool.

Game play wise? if you nuke a building do the orbs fal to the ground as well? cause I can see Orbs floating 30 stories over a huge pile of rubble now.

that demonstration for crackdown looks insane.

Its what everybody who played battlefield 4 asked but, but couldn't be done. Amazing that they've managed to make it by throwing the processing power from microsoft cloud at it.

Will never happen on battlefield, because sony simply don't have the servers to support it.

how on earth does it track all those objects and download that data to your xbox as required? Magic?

People for ages have been calling the cloud BS but if that actually works then its pretty cool.

Game play wise? if you nuke a building do the orbs fal to the ground as well? cause I can see Orbs floating 30 stories over a huge pile of rubble now.

Its looking like multiplayer only..which makes sense as in campaign it would be a disaster though I image some aspects will be used locally.

Plus as said in the demo..they all had massively over powered guns to speed up the destruction.

Crackdown 3 demo footage.:cool:

First game video for an XB1 exclusive game in a long time that has made me go WOW!! I can see myself buying a XB1 when this comes out, next year (obviously there will be many other XB1 games out that I can't get on PS4 at that time, but this demo seems to have the wow factor and seems like a very good use of "cloud" azure servers). Most other games that are sequels from the 360 days just feel like sequels and visual upgrades but this looks like it could be a cracking game, like the first Crackdown.

All I want to do is throw cars at a building till it falls down :) Using guns seems too easy !!

Will keep a very close eye on this when some "real" gameplay comes out.

Its looking like multiplayer only..which makes sense as in campaign it would be a disaster though I image some aspects will be used locally.

Plus as said in the demo..they all had massively over powered guns to speed up the destruction.
I saw some other piece that says there will be limited destruction in offline mode (which implies some sort of single player mode)

rp2000

Last edited:
Yea no doubt in single player theirs gonna be a lot of devsation..but I'm thinking more mission only buildings etc..would annoy me being abel to wreck an entire city in a solo player.

Yea no doubt in single player theirs gonna be a lot of devsation..but I'm thinking more mission only buildings etc..would annoy me being abel to wreck an entire city in a solo player.

Yep, I can already imagine a 4 player mess around mode where 3 of you blow the hell out of buildings while the 4th guy tries to survive by jumping between roofs as the others bring down the buildings!:D:D

rp2000

I think the best part of that is being able to precisely carve out your own murder hole.

Battlefield kind of had this, in that you could shoot out walls but the physics wasn't fully modelled to this extent. You couldn't specifically carve out the exact shape and size hole you wanted. The wall was either intact, or a section of it broke off.

The physics in this (if its still like this at release) are really going to be next gen.

Why are there all these new xbox hardware items being released but still no wireless headset? All I want is one similar to the original wireless one on 360.
Had my second wired headset break this week. They're crap buid quality, and expensive to replace (luckily MS do it free but I'd rather buy a decent wireless one..)

I bought one of the headset adapters a while back and just use a the earphones with mic that came with an old mobile phone.

Anyone playing World of Tanks? I didn't get into it on the 360, but have been playing it since it launched on XB1, its quite addictive!

So, I have been messing around with game streaming, working great!

or so I thought until last night.

Had lag, stuttering sound and graphical issues. Was highly annoyed as it was working so well the other day.

So I started racking my brains to remember what I had changed in the last few days on my Lenovo Y50. Then it occurred to me that I had in fact changed the option in NVidia Control Panel to force the laptop to use the GPU instead of Auto Selection or Intel Chipset only.

Low and behold, changing this option back to Auto has cured it! I presume it's using the Intel chipset now and it works fine, but if I force it to use the NVidia GPU it causes massive issues.

So, hope that helps some of you. Reply back if it has. :)

Does anyone think the Xbox one elite controller will go down in price on amazon? (I have 6 quid off voucher and around 80quid in gift cards..... Tempted!)

(Its current price is £120 but I know it was £75...did those orders go back up in price?)

I spilled beer on my only working controller at the weekend and the buttons are all sticky now. I can temporarily sort it out by using rubbing alcohol, but if left overnight it gets all sitcky again.

Got another controller on order so I'll dismantle the sticky one when the new one arrives and try and fix it. Bloody annoying though, £40 down the drain just from spilling a drink.

I spilled beer on my only working controller at the weekend and the buttons are all sticky now. I can temporarily sort it out by using rubbing alcohol, but if left overnight it gets all sitcky again.

Got another controller on order so I'll dismantle the sticky one when the new one arrives and try and fix it. Bloody annoying though, £40 down the drain just from spilling a drink.

That's hardly the controllers fault for you spilling beer on it :confused:

Does anyone think the Xbox one elite controller will go down in price on amazon? (I have 6 quid off voucher and around 80quid in gift cards..... Tempted!)

(Its current price is £120 but I know it was £75...did those orders go back up in price?)

The £75 orders are still valid. For now anyway until further notice.

I bought one of the headset adapters a while back and just use a the earphones with mic that came with an old mobile phone.

Anyone playing World of Tanks? I didn't get into it on the 360, but have been playing it since it launched on XB1, its quite addictive!

I've been playing World of Tanks but I find the load times can be quite long and I get bored lol

Back
Top Bottom