*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
sorted the probs i had

managed to finally figured the config lol and now can select very high

also installed drivers for my ethernet from realtek instead of the ones ms used for windows 10 .

getting 17mbps now on very high but it still seems like it slightly stutters

Soldato
Really tempted to pick up an xb1 now for halo collection and the upcoming game, whats generally the best price to be had for the console these days? Dont need kinect, just the console and halo collection would be good!

Associate
Anything around the £250 mark is a good price. Deals often get posted on HUKD, so I'd keep on eye on that. With there being such a strong lineup of games over the next few months, I'd be surprised if there's much discounting until after the New Year.

Associate
Anything around the £250 mark is a good price. Deals often get posted on HUKD, so I'd keep on eye on that. With there being such a strong lineup of games over the next few months, I'd be surprised if there's much discounting until after the New Year.

If you want to be involved in something I think is just evil (selling a limited number of goods at discount prices to whip customers up into a buying frenzy), then Black Friday is coming in a few months. I remember there were deals on XB1 consoles last year, no doubt they'll do the same again this year.

Right now £250 will get you just the console by itself, maybe with one or two of the less popular games. I remember at the start of this year, such consoles/bundles cost around the £300 mark. So the price is slowly dropping. Perhaps there will be more regular £250ish deals towards Christmas with games people would actually want to play.

Yea i must say the game line up is looking good though a lot of it isnt for me, mainly just want to replay the halo series and maybe gears!

I'm in the same boat mate. There's not many current exclusives on these consoles to interest me. The only interesting game on PS4 is Bloodborne and Dark Souls type of games just aren't my cup of tea. Sunset Overdrive is one of the interesting few currently available XB1 exclusives, got good reviews, but again isn't my kind of thing.

I've given up caring for Halo and Gears ended with Gears 3 for me. It had a satisfying conclusion and great multiplayer. Everything after that, seems to me like they are just milking the franchise. The only thing that would get me back to Halo is a PC version, but we all know Microsoft don't have enough confidence in their consoles (they feel Xbox can't breathe without exclusive Halo), otherwise they'd release it on PC too.

I'm just annoyed that they took previously multiplatform games and forced them onto a single platform. It's like Nintendo not making any proper Pokemon games on home consoles. The backwards compatibility thing is a step-forward and if there's good prices/bundles on the console and if I have the money, I might buy my brother an XB1 to replace his X360.

Crackdown 3 and Scalebound are the upcoming exclusives that I'm interested in. I hope Microsoft have more confidence in their product and try to put out new and interesting experiences. The only X360 exclusives we had were Halo and Gears. I want Xbox to be more than just those popular, but dying franchises. What upcoming XB1 games are other folk looking forward to?

Associate
What upcoming XB1 games are other folk looking forward to?

Forza 6
Halo 5
Gears 4
Crackdown 3
Recore
Scalebound
Rise of the Tome Raider

And that isnt looking at the 3rd Party stuff available on all consoles...

Star Ward Battlefront
Fallout 4

I am sure there are more, those are just off the top of my head :)

Associate
Forza 6
Halo 5
Gears 4
Crackdown 3
Recore
Scalebound
Rise of the Tome Raider

And that isnt looking at the 3rd Party stuff available on all consoles...

Star Ward Battlefront
Fallout 4

I am sure there are more, those are just off the top of my head :)

Just cause 3
Quantum break

To add to that list!

Soldato
I'm in the same boat mate. There's not many current exclusives on these consoles to interest me. The only interesting game on PS4 is Bloodborne and Dark Souls type of games just aren't my cup of tea. Sunset Overdrive is one of the interesting few currently available XB1 exclusives, got good reviews, but again isn't my kind of thing.

I've given up caring for Halo and Gears ended with Gears 3 for me. It had a satisfying conclusion and great multiplayer. Everything after that, seems to me like they are just milking the franchise. The only thing that would get me back to Halo is a PC version, but we all know Microsoft don't have enough confidence in their consoles (they feel Xbox can't breathe without exclusive Halo), otherwise they'd release it on PC too.

I'm just annoyed that they took previously multiplatform games and forced them onto a single platform. It's like Nintendo not making any proper Pokemon games on home consoles. The backwards compatibility thing is a step-forward and if there's good prices/bundles on the console and if I have the money, I might buy my brother an XB1 to replace his X360.

Crackdown 3 and Scalebound are the upcoming exclusives that I'm interested in. I hope Microsoft have more confidence in their product and try to put out new and interesting experiences. The only X360 exclusives we had were Halo and Gears. I want Xbox to be more than just those popular, but dying franchises. What upcoming XB1 games are other folk looking forward to?

Yeah i know what you mean! my PS4 is growing dust since 100%ing bloodborne, Rapture is good but wont last long then nothing for me until multiplatform games that i will get on pc or Uncharted 4 sometime next year

tbh i know if i get an xb1 it will wind up the same as my ps4 which is a shame! scale bound looks really promising, but that main character has put me off completely, reminds me of the dick main character from infamous second son! Developers idea of a Cool modern character :D.. they could change it i suppose

Soldato
OP
Xbox live streaming app has been updated and now has the option for Very high quality 1080p/60 streaming for those interested :)

Just tested the updated streaming app and for me now streaming is messed up no matter what the quality is set too:rolleyes:

Was working fine on the previous version.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally finished this!!!

O9iLa1ql.jpg

looks great, can i ask where you got the shell from?
not that interested in the green (no offence) but i like this one :)
maxresdefault.jpg

if i could get a similar coloured shell i could add the decal myself

Last edited:
Soldato
It's cool, colour is subjective. I just quite like teal/aqua and I thought it went well with the white :)

The shell is just from a broken controller I had, I just spray painted it. The white buttons and stuff were from eBay, there's loads of controller parts and stuff you can buy in all sorts of colours.

I did orignally do a two colour fade when I was messing about with the broken controller, but I screwed the finish up a bit so I sanded it down again and opted for a solid colour

fE4JXG1l.jpg

Soldato
1080 60 is interesting!

Does PC get involved in processing as generally speaking Xbox can do neither?

The Xbox One can do 1080p60. It just isn't powerful enough to play modern games in that format without significant compromise. That doesn't mean it can't stream video in that format.

Back
Top Bottom