*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Hmmmm.

So my X1 is setup to turn on my tv and amp upon startup.

When starting the X1 via Windows 10 streaming, naturally this still happens, though as I am in a different room for this purpose, I'd rather only the Xbox turns on upon starting streaming...

Anyway to do this?

Soldato
Guys been streaming games nicely but I have to have it on normal settings.

I have GX660R laptop which I think only has a 2.4ghz network card, if I upgraded it to a 5ghz card or adapter would there be more chance of high quality streaming? I know wires would be the best option but that isn't possible. (Hates wires so not bothered about trailing wires through my house)

Anyone here using wireless and able to get very high settings? At the moment I get massive delays in button pressing if I put it on very high.

Associate

I have GX660R laptop which I think only has a 2.4ghz network card, if I upgraded it to a 5ghz card or adapter would there be more chance of high quality streaming? I know wires would be the best option but that isn't possible. (Hates wires so not bothered about trailing wires through my house)

Anyone here using wireless and able to get very high settings? At the moment I get massive delays in button pressing if I put it on very high.

I use mine on very high, VM Superhub 2, 5g network and Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.

Laptop with a core M cpu.

Runs great.

Soldato
My router is dual band with the cross over thing switched on, I have got the Xbox on 5ghz and the lappy obviously on 2.4ghz so it is having to cross over. If I got the 5ghz stick I would just have it set on 2 different networks, leave the 5ghz for the XBO and Laptop. Do you think this would work better?

Soldato
My XO is on wireless AC downstairs with the router upstairs and the PC wired in. No issues with high quality streaming for me.

You could probably improve but bearing in mind the most bandwidth I've seen used is 18Mb/s, even 2.4GHz should cope fine.

Last edited:
Caporegime

No interest. To be fair I barely use my PC, the pure laziness in me figured being able to play the One without going downstairs would be pretty cool.

I'm an OSX guy these days, Windows 8 killed any desire to use a Windows based machine as my main.

I should really sell it, it's just gathering dust.

Last edited:
Soldato
No interest. To be fair I barely use my PC, the pure laziness in me figured being able to play the One without going downstairs would be pretty cool.

I'm an OSX guy these days, Windows 8 killed any desire to use a Windows based machine as my main.

I should really sell it, it's just gathering dust.

It's a free upgrade, you should stick it on to at least try the streaming. Plus it's a massive improvement on 8/8.1, much closer to 7 in terms of being not in your face and actually useful.

Anyway, can't you Bootcamp on your Mac and run W10 just for the streaming?

Caporegime
Anyone seen anything more with regards to the Xbone USB tuner? As is, the current Xbone has three USB ports. If you are going to use it as a Freeview HD PVR, that's going to take up two ports (one for tuner, one for dedicated HDD). That leaves one spare for charging controller and/or another HDD for games. Is it possible they could release a new version of the tuner with a USB port on it to connect the PVR HDD to?

Soldato
OP
Anyone seen anything more with regards to the Xbone USB tuner? As is, the current Xbone has three USB ports. If you are going to use it as a Freeview HD PVR, that's going to take up two ports (one for tuner, one for dedicated HDD). That leaves one spare for charging controller and/or another HDD for games. Is it possible they could release a new version of the tuner with a USB port on it to connect the PVR HDD to?

You can get usb 3.0 hubs mate... game do them and also there are some on amazon:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxOSV-MHmMU

Last edited:
Soldato

Surface pro 3 with wireless ac to my bt home hub 5 and the xbox wired in via a powerline will run v High with a few dropped frames over half an hour. Wiring my most sat in streaming positions just for this feature, it is that important for me!

Associate
this is the console I've been waiting for.

any info on uk release or where it will be sold?

That console on it's own would be £400 if it's released here. Big difference from the £300 bundles where games are also included. Though I don't know what the savings would be compared to the 1TB XB1 and the Elite controller being purchased separately. Knowing Microsoft, it would probably be an exclusive to some retailer, most likely GAME since they get all the exclusive console bundles.

Back
Top Bottom