*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Any USB 3.0 hdd can be plugged in to use, so upgrading storage is a doddle.

As for Alan Wake, the people who made that have a new game coming out called Quantum Break.

Soldato
It's amazing how quickly the 500GB is going though - I have a digital copy of Forza 5 (free with the console) and Ryse (always fancied playing it), along with a disc version of FH2 - and I'm sat at ~40% HD space gone :( I take it that you can't just sling any old drive into an xbone?

You need a external USB 3.0 HDD, pop that round the back and let the Xbox One do the rest. I'm picking up a Samsung 2tb later for my console as it nearly full and I hardily have any games.

Also the performance of loading times increase when installed to a external HDD compared to the internal (weird I know).

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Also the performance of loading times increase when installed to a external HDD compared to the internal (weird I know).

Are you saying its better loading speeds off the external drive?

Whats a decent drive for the XB1? Any recommendations?

Caporegime
On the PS4 I can't even update Game X if Game Y is open and running, plus there's no functionality for snapping 2 apps together and running them alongside each other..

Sure about that? I was playing Planetside 2 last night, and i'm pretty sure the Witcher 3 and War Thunder were updating in the background. I got notifications to that effect anyway.

From a UI point of view, I don't really have a preference between the One and the PS4, they both do a job equally for my requirements.

Last edited:
Soldato
You can plug in an external HDD via USB no problem, I stuck a 3TB drive on mine.

And that's ok to run games from?

You need a external USB 3.0 HDD, pop that round the back and let the Xbox One do the rest. I'm picking up a Samsung 2tb later for my console as it nearly full and I hardily have any games.

Edit: sorry, didn't read ahead - many thanks :)

Soldato
Sure about that? I was playing Planetside 2 last night, and i'm pretty sure the Witcher 3 and War Thunder were updating in the background. I got notifications to that effect anyway..

Nope, not for me anyway and my console is always in Rest Mode also.

I started it up, noticed there were a load of updates waiting to install so tried to do them manually from the notifications panel and they insisted that F12015 which was running in the background was closed first. F12015 wasn't even one requiring an update either!

Soldato
Well Ive been playing online and been getting download notifications curing gameplay for Rare Reply games that where downloading in the background.

Caporegime
Nope, not for me anyway and my console is always in Rest Mode also.

I started it up, noticed there were a load of updates waiting to install so tried to do them manually from the notifications panel and they insisted that F12015 which was running in the background was closed first. F12015 wasn't even one requiring an update either!

Weird, maybe it's application specific or something.

Associate
Great find. Just did this and there was a noticeable upgrade in visual quality even over the high setting. It's almost like the console is plugged directly into the screen you are streaming to now, any compression is virtually gone. The slight fuzziness around edges doesn't seem to exist any more. Weird why they didn't unlock this as standard. PS4 streaming to a local PSTV box looks terrible now in comparison.

For info. for anyone else doing this though, I navigated to the folder but I think they missed out "\LocalState" off the end of the path in their instructions - that's where my config file was anyway.

You have the Kinectless version I take it?

ok so why cant i get this to work lol can anyone give me the file already done just to replace lol

also i dont get why my streaming is so low im getting 2mbps :(

xbox is wired to router and pc is wired to router

have fibre with 40meg d/l and 11 upload :(

Soldato
have fibre with 40meg d/l and 11 upload :(

Your ISP speed has nothing to do with it - this is all local.

Is it 2Mbps and choppy or just poor image quality? Try checking the streaming quality setting in the top right. At "high" you should expect to see around 10-12Mbps bandwidth usage in a game. With the file hack at "very high" I'm seeing 15-17Mbps.

Ultimately any issues are going to be down to your home router, cabling or PC as the Xbox itself should be the same as everyone else's.

Certainly I wouldn't expect any problems if anything is wired direct, unless your router is blocking or throttling a port or the NIC on your PC is dodgy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just on this I've tried everything, even 2 aftermarket routers, even the ASUS N600 and still same results for me = lag. I'm convinced either I'm missing a setting or something MS isn't right.

Tried numerous configurations with all routers and they include:
- Power line adapters
- Direct laptop and Xbox into the routers (wired)
- Gaming PC (wired both sides)
- wireless (just to try, no difference to wired)
- opening all ports

Last edited:
Soldato
As long as game streaming is enabled on the XO then there isn't really anything else to configure. It should just work from the W10 app.

What does the network page on the console itself say, is NAT open or strict etc.?

Back
Top Bottom