*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
It's my understanding that me and someone else can set each other's Xbox as our Home one to enable us both to play any games that we buy. Is this correct? What happens when one of my children signs in on my Xbox, do they have access to both sets of games or only 1?

Caporegime
It's my understanding that me and someone else can set each other's Xbox as our Home one to enable us both to play any games that we buy. Is this correct? What happens when one of my children signs in on my Xbox, do they have access to both sets of games or only 1?

If you move your Home Xbox to a different one, the other person will be able to play all your games. On your console, only you can play your games and you will need to be connected to Xbox Live to do so. But anyone can play the other person's games.

So your children can play the other person's games but not yours unless they sign in as you.

Soldato

Here's my example:

I share my account with my little Bro.

I signed into his Xbox, I set it as Home. (He set his account on mine as Home)

I buy a digital game, his Xbox automatically downloads it as it's the Home. He gets to play it without my account signing in. (Vice Versa if he buys)

When my missus wants to play games I own, I need to be signed in. She gets to play any game my brother owns. Hope this helps clarify it?

Basically, in your case, your "Someone else" should be the person buying the games, and he needs to set your Xbox as his home, so your kids can sign in whatever account to play it, whilst this "someone else" must always sign in to play games he bought.

Caporegime
the solution here is to do what I do with my lad.

You log in on his console, and set his console as your home one.

Then I got my lad to sign in on mine, and set my console as his home xbox.

There are effectively 2 licenses, one for your home xbox, and another for your account when signing in on somebody else's machine. This way you can share a digital game / DLC between two machines.

Caporegime
Ah so only 1 person can buy the games, I didn't know that bit. Makes it even less likely to happen then.

I buy the games and I go round his house to play poker anyway once a month.

I then collect whatever he owes me for the games we bought together.

It's a pretty simple concept and should work for most people. If you really trust each other then either of you could buy games by sharing the "main" account login details.

Soldato
Is there anyway to download xbox 360 games on my xbox one with games for gold? So that I can play them when the xbox one is backward compatible?

Associate
Just upgraded my Toshiba encore 2 to windows 10 so gony link that to my bedroom tv via hdmi and stream to that :D

you can pick them up brand new cheap these days.

£118 free delivery from Amazon

Back
Top Bottom