*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
I want a quick drive though - Not one of them standard 5400rpm ones

Compared to the internal HDD, I get quicker loading times with games loaded in the Portable HDD. Only a few seconds but it's noticable. Games like Destiny, Smite, TES:O and FarCry, loaded quicker than internal.

Not sure if the 7200 will make that big a difference, besides, can 1 USB port power a 7200rpm portable drive? The ones I've converted for backup drives tend to require 2 USB ports for power.

Defeats the point when you're limited by the Xbox One's default 3 USB ports.

Soldato
Got my forza edition xbox today. Gotta say I'm suitably impressed. The hardware feels premium. The controller feels very good in the hand. Very sturdy, more so than the ds4. The xbox also runs a heck of a lot quieter. I can barely tell it's on. Even with a disc in the drive!

The os.. Feels a bit of a mess. But I'm sure that's just me not being very used to it.

I've only played forza horizon so far. And i absolutely love it. Fantastic game. Excellent graphics, and banging soundtrack. Can't wait to get stuck into forza 6 too.

Soldato
Got my forza edition xbox today. Gotta say I'm suitably impressed. The hardware feels premium. The controller feels very good in the hand. Very sturdy, more so than the ds4. The xbox also runs a heck of a lot quieter. I can barely tell it's on. Even with a disc in the drive!

Hooray! Someone that's actually seen the light! :p

Caporegime
It's not a mess at all.

"Xbox, turn on". "Xbox go to Forza Motorsport", "Xbox volume up", "Xbox turn off". etc.

Works perfectly.

And as above, all the pins are immediately accessible.

If it was perfect the way it is then they wouldn't have spent time and money completely redesigning it. It's pretty bad, and for people who don't want to sit there talking to their television it's even worse.

Soldato
Ive never has one problem with the overall OS, also can't imagine not being able to just say record that, Xbox on, or the various voice navigations in FH2?

Soldato
I have zero issues with the current OS/UI other than the fact it can be slow as **** at times, sometimes things take an age to load, like the OneGuide, and sometimes things just freeze altogether.

Are you on Preview?

My preview updates have progressively gotten slower. Missus' Non DP Xbox One is much faster, but definitely could be better though.

Associate
Game have a deal on at the minute, trade in an old PS3 or XBOX360 + 5 Games and get an Xbox One 500gb + Fifa 16 (Download) + 1 Month Now Tv + Another Game for £169.

Going to investigate at lunch time, but seems to be a decent deal. Very tempting with Halo 5 on the way.

The other game is either COD Ghosts or Titanfall (Can sell Titanfall back to them for £4 in store money. Ghosts was around £3.50)

Last edited:
Associate
Game have a deal on at the minute, trade in an old PS3 or XBOX360 + 5 Games and get an Xbox One 500gb + Fifa 16 (Download) + 1 Month Now Tv + Another Game for £169.

Going to investigate at lunch time, but seems to be a decent deal. Very tempting with Halo 5 on the way.

That is a good deal, do you have a link as dont see it on the GAME website?

Last edited:
Associate
Apparently there's a bunch of Asda stores doing Xbox One with Kinect for £200 at the moment...

Yeah, I think they are maybe making way for Forza and Halo bundles.

Really don't know what to do, I barely get enough time to PC game never mind getting a next gen...but then Halo! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom