*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Don't know how true it was but someone was saying without Kinect it's £100. Seems to not be every store but I guess if you were looking for a XO anyway it's a bit of a bargain if you can find one.

Soldato
Apparently there's a bunch of Asda stores doing Xbox One with Kinect for £200 at the moment...

yup picked one up myself

thing I'm most impressed by so far is the streaming to my PC upstairs

works nearly flawlessly all be it slightly fuzzed graphics

not that impressed with controller though - left stick "feels" horrible - sort of weird noises/feeling

Soldato
I find voice a bit hit and miss. Some days it works fine. Other days...

"Xbox, turn off"
"Xbox, turn off"
"XBOX, TURN OFF"
*mutes TV*
"Xbox, turn off"
"Yes"
"Yes"
"Yes"
"oh ffs! YES"

Then there's the game names problem. Some games have quite long, complicated titles that nobody ever uses. Saying "Xbox, got to Black Flag" will get you nowhere. Saying "Xbox, go to Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" might get you somewhere, if it actually manages to recognise all of that.
I like voice control, but I pretty much just use it for turning the console on/off, starting some apps and managing Snap. It's definitely non-essential and it's good to see the UI being reworked to reflect that.

Soldato
I find voice a bit hit and miss. Some days it works fine. Other days...

"Xbox, turn off"
"Xbox, turn off"
"XBOX, TURN OFF"
*mutes TV*
"Xbox, turn off"
"Yes"
"Yes"
"Yes"
"oh ffs! YES"

Then there's the game names problem. Some games have quite long, complicated titles that nobody ever uses. Saying "Xbox, got to Black Flag" will get you nowhere. Saying "Xbox, go to Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" might get you somewhere, if it actually manages to recognise all of that.
I like voice control, but I pretty much just use it for turning the console on/off, starting some apps and managing Snap. It's definitely non-essential and it's good to see the UI being reworked to reflect that.

Do you have a strong accent?

I can go to games by saying part of the name, if there isn't any other similar name, e.g. Elder Scrolls Tamreil Unlimited, I just said Xbox, go to Elder Scrolls.

My living room is quiet when the TV is off, so turning it on, I can early whisper and it turns on, but turning it off can sometime be a pain when someone else is talking in the background.

"Yes"
"Yes"
"YES!"
"YESSSS!"

My neighbours probably thing I'm having fun times with my Xbox...

Soldato
Mine is a bit hit and miss sometimes too, it seems to be worse now than it was when I first got it though. My Kinect is alsoa bit dodgy, sometimes it just doesn't turn on, or it turns itself off and on over and over again, although it's been better recently.

I've managed to turn the Xbox On from upstairs in another room before by shouting, and sometimes I'm right next to it and nothing works.

Associate
my store had seemingly quite a few - judging by boxes on shelf

was just the Xbox One + Kinect - no games - but at £200 still a bargain IMO

I wonder, can one just buy that and then flog the Kinect and spend the money from selling it on a good game? I'd go for such a good deal, but I'd be looking at a second controller and a game to play too, especially since backwards-compatibility isn't fully released yet. And I don't have the money either, my brother's birthday is coming up too.

Soldato
October Games with Gold

XB1
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

http://majornelson.com/2015/09/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-october-2015/

I haven't played any of those, so it looks good to me.

Ground Zeroes which was free on XB1 the other month, i downloaded it but haven't played it yet.

Soldato
October Games with Gold

XB1
Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

http://majornelson.com/2015/09/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-october-2015/

I haven't played any of those, so it looks good to me.

Ground Zeroes which was free on XB1 the other month, i downloaded it but haven't played it yet.

Another month where I have everything. Nevermind, I almost look forward to months where I don't get anything more free as I have a massive backlog of games to get through :\ Bitter sweet.

Back
Top Bottom