*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Am I doing something wrong but I thought when my Xbox is in standby off mode it should update my games? I've been presented with another 3.5gb update for a game today!

Mine updates my game automatically with instant on.
On occasions though, there are games that don't update immediately. I can only assume it's waiting for the next cycle before it updates, rather than pushing for every console world wide to update.

i.e. if Dev released update after the cycle, you have potentially 24 hours to wait before it automatically updates.

I find that happens a lot on my daily games but other games I play once in awhile are always updated.

Soldato
If I want my son to have his own XB1, is it possible for him to get access to my games (digital ones) on his new XB1? Or is it all a complicated mess of home consoles and such?

Make his new Xbox One your Home Console and all your digital games are available for him to play.

The console you currently use will require you to login to play any games you own. That's as simple as it gets.

Associate
A friend of mine has invited me to the Preview Program, how does it work? Do I get an email or a notification or something?

I hope to god its better than the default Dashboard.

Associate
A friend of mine has invited me to the Preview Program, how does it work? Do I get an email or a notification or something?

I hope to god its better than the default Dashboard.

You should get a message to install the preview program app

Once you've done that you can enrol your xbox on the preview updates

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Theres the preview program and the preview program with the new dash, but be warned:

Yeah I got the message to, but doubt I'll be joining as its still got a lot of issues Forza 6 being one. Tbh I might just opt out of the program, I don't really play my Xbox enough to warrant it.

Heres a list of known issues on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3l8uuf/new_ui_preview_invite_megathread/cv48qd2

Just to add to this, its worth noting the following:

Important: Please read this comment before deciding to opt-in and enable the NXOE on your console:
Certain games and apps will not work/load in the NXOE Preview. Some are big name popular games (Forza and Destiny TTK are on this list). This is going to upset some people, and they'll likely want to exit the NXOE Preview to resolve that issue. If you do that, your console will be FACTORY RESET - meaning all games/apps on your hard drive, accounts, files, etc will be wiped from the internal HD.
It's a beta program - things will go wrong.

Don't opt in to the preview dash if you don't want to have to wipe your console if you want out again later on.

Soldato
It's really all about the paddles and the hair triggers for me. Means you can aim and jump / crouch / action at the same time. Hair triggers are obviously very good for reaction shots. It also comes with customisable profiles for when sniping / close quarters etc (or if driving game / shooting).

Soldato
Also fwiw I never rated scuf build quality. Their service was also pretty subpar (or simply way overstretched) and to get an equivalent set of features on a scuf as to what's on the Elite would cost somewhere around 160 (or more). With case etc it's even more, so seemed a better value option then buying a new scuf.

Back
Top Bottom