*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
The actual Pad is a small part of it, being able to switch between two button layouts is handy as hell, but the other side is the app that left you fully customise all the button layout but also stick curve sensitivity etc, and you can have a layout and profile for every single game stored.

Caporegime
Why didn't you just get a Scuf? They've been out for ages.

Many Reasons:

They have terrible customer service.

They are poorly made.

They are very expensive and come with a wobbly warranty.

They also have very long lead times.

In fact you should be asking why would anyone buy a SCUF when you can buy the elite controller.

Don
Many Reasons:

They have terrible customer service.

They are poorly made.

They are very expensive and come with a wobbly warranty.

They also have very long lead times.

In fact you should be asking why would anyone buy a SCUF when you can buy the elite controller.

I've had a Scuf for a year now, build quality is fine? However, I got a small paint chip on mine, no idea how it happened as I'm super careful with any of my purchases. They swapped the fascia out for a new one for free despite being past the warranty period, was back with me within 5 days too. Terrible customer service though..

I'm not sure how you can compare it to the Elite having probably not tried either of them?

Mine cost £130 and I got a case for it, some snazzy hand gel (never used), a key ring and something else.

I can't complain really and I'm an actual customer of them ;)

Soldato
But for £130 you cant assign buttons or change how the pad works at all right?
You cant change the sensitivity of the stick and the turning curve sensitivity?
You have all you games buttons remapped and have profile s to switch them over to each game?
Able to choose what stick and dpad you want to use?

I mean think about what control you could have in one game in multiplayer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just downloaded elite dangerous trial. Is it worth purchasing?

I need some xbox exclusives to keep me entertained til fallout 4 :D tried world of tanks too. But I can't help but think it'd be better with xbox gold which I don't have yet.

Don
But for £130 you cant assign buttons or change how the pad works at all right?
You cant change the sensitivity of the stick and the turning curve sensitivity?
You have all you games buttons remapped and have profile s to switch them over to each game?
Able to choose what stick and dpad you want to use?

I mean think about what control you could have in one game in multiplayer.

I don't need all that, I only use the Scuf for FPS, I just need two paddles at the rear and the basically instant shooting without the need to press down on the triggers. Oh and I wanted it orange with black buttons ;)

All the stuff the Elite offers is nice but would be completely wasted on me, I see why MS offer the extra features considering Scuf have been around for ages with competitive players so they need to offer more for less basically.

Soldato
The customisable features of the Elite controller like sensitivity and button configs are already in games with the stock controller. So whereas some games only offer limited button configs, the elite offers full customisation of every button. Ok it's got the triggers on the back too but imo M$ are taking the **** with a 120 quid price tag.

Associate
Any one else get into the new Xbox update this weekend? First impressions its fast. The new double tap side bar is much better and again fast. The store is better laid out (couldn't have been worse) and the TV / video app integration is again faster and easier to navigate.

I am not massively keen on the main page layout or the community page but I guess its not set in stone yet. Overall a big improvement.

Soldato
My Xbox One is updating at I type this message just over a 1.1Gb update to download. Not sure why it dint download overnight and be ready to install.

Just looking at the list of known issues on the xbox forums theres a lot! hopefully I don't run into any but I got a feeling I will :p

Soldato
F
Mine is sitting on a blank screen after half way through the 1GB update.
Is this normal from your experience Parrot?

Fixed it by unplugging everything apart from the kinect, HDMI and Power cables. (Removed external HDD, controller cables and TV USB attachment)

Now reached 100%, rather than stuck around 70% with the TV turned off and in a blank screen.

Soldato
Wasn't it first wave in September for preview members.

Considering it's supposed to be out next month for everybody I'd say they're leaving it late getting it to all the preview members :confused:

http://www.winbeta.org/news/everyone-will-get-a-chance-to-test-the-new-xbox-one-experience-very-soon

This is changing over the course of the next few days. According to Microsoft’s ‎Partner Director of Program Management, Mike Ybarra, the preview will be rolling out in the next few days to everyone who signed up.

That's from yesterday.

Last edited:
Soldato
The customisable features of the Elite controller like sensitivity and button configs are already in games with the stock controller. So whereas some games only offer limited button configs, the elite offers full customisation of every button. Ok it's got the triggers on the back too but imo M$ are taking the **** with a 120 quid price tag.

Whats on the market that even comes close to this?

Please...ink to something that's equal to this for the same price?

And if you think in game turn sensitivity is even the same thing as adjusting the curve response?.....really?

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't need all that, I only use the Scuf for FPS, I just need two paddles at the rear and the basically instant shooting without the need to press down on the triggers. Oh and I wanted it orange with black buttons ;)

All the stuff the Elite offers is nice but would be completely wasted on me, I see why MS offer the extra features considering Scuf have been around for ages with competitive players so they need to offer more for less basically.

So you cant even assign the buttons on a Scuf?.....for example you cant assign the reload button whilst still controlling yourself fully?

And you pay how much for that?

Back
Top Bottom