*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

I've had a Scuf for a year now, build quality is fine? However, I got a small paint chip on mine, no idea how it happened as I'm super careful with any of my purchases. They swapped the fascia out for a new one for free despite being past the warranty period, was back with me within 5 days too. Terrible customer service though..

I'm not sure how you can compare it to the Elite having probably not tried either of them?

Mine cost £130 and I got a case for it, some snazzy hand gel (never used), a key ring and something else.

I can't complain really and I'm an actual customer of them ;)

i've got a friend that owns one ;)

i was looking at buying one after he got one until i read all the reviews online.

yours is actually the first positive review I've seen.

I think I must be the unluckiest Xbox One owner ever. 1st console would not stop freezing, 2nd had a faulty HDD. Now this consoles HDD is making a weird noise, like a dying drive noise. Just coming up to a year with the retailer but I might just try and get one through Microsoft or get a repair. Either way, just want a working console. Needs to be sorted before Halo 5!

I think I must be the unluckiest Xbox One owner ever. 1st console would not stop freezing, 2nd had a faulty HDD. Now this consoles HDD is making a weird noise, like a dying drive noise. Just coming up to a year with the retailer but I might just try and get one through Microsoft or get a repair. Either way, just want a working console. Needs to be sorted before Halo 5!

did the retailer send you a new console every time or a refurb?

what retailer?

Has anyone had any experience with cancelling Pre-ordered digital games?

I had Halo 5 pre-ordered from the store but decided to cancel, I've had my refund for it go back in to my bank but Halo 5 is still listed in my games list.

I'm not sure what to do :\ I have ordered a digital copy from CDKeys (it was much cheaper)

I bought a digital version of NHL 15 when it came out, played it for a week, then got a refund. Despite getting the refund I was still able to play the game.

If I were you I would not redeem the key just yet as you could just sell it if you do in fact still have access to the game.

Another update just pushed to my Xbox for the NXOE.

408Mb update, popped up while watching Battle Front on YouTube.

I only got the NXOE on Sunday morning so updates seem to be fast.

Another update just pushed to my Xbox for the NXOE.

408Mb update, popped up while watching Battle Front on YouTube.

I only got the NXOE on Sunday morning so updates seem to be fast.

Hope it fixes some of the annoying bugs known and found when watching TV / media remote / controller not recognising.

Anyone else had issues with their Kinect turning itself off and on, and then getting progressively worse to the point where 95% of the time it just doesn't work?

Seems a common problem but one that MS don't appear to acknowledge, so as it's out of warranty I have to pay £50 for an exchange. I would buy one for cheaper but at least with MS exchange I'd get another 3 month warranty on it.

What has everyone else done in this situation?

On a different note, how is everyone in the Preview liking the NXOE? There's lots of things I do like, but I think the new Home screen has a lot of wasted space, everything is just so big! I like the new guide that comes in from the left though. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves over the coming months through to public release.

Last edited:
Anyone else had issues with their Kinect turning itself off and on, and then getting progressively worse to the point where 95% of the time it just doesn't work?

Seems a common problem but one that MS don't appear to acknowledge, so as it's out of warranty I have to pay £50 for an exchange. I would buy one for cheaper but at least with MS exchange I'd get another 3 month warranty on it.

What has everyone else done in this situation?

On a different note, how is everyone in the Preview liking the NXOE? There's lots of things I do like, but I think the new Home screen has a lot of wasted space, everything is just so big! I like the new guide that comes in from the left though. Looking forward to seeing how it evolves over the coming months through to public release.

I thought someone might recommend that :p

Honestly though, I hate not having the Kinect working and I'd really much rather have it than not. Purely for voice commands and navigation.

Mine is still working fine, you're better off getting another one from MM. You just missed one from yesterday :p

My Kinect isn't recognising me since NXOE, so I have to keep signing in manually. I have reported the issue though.

As for wasted space, I am OK with that as I now use the triggers to go to pins etc, the Community part is still a work in progress, everything is either missing numbers or empty. That to me suggest more fixes to come.

I hate the pin area though, they need to make it akin to W10, so we can organise it rather than a sequence of tiles which I have to re-jig to make it look tidy and organised (e.g. Most played, apps for Gaming, apps for streaming etc)

Back
Top Bottom