*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

I updated to the NXE this morning and had a quick look, first impressions were that it seemed very confusing.

Definitely seems to mirror a lot of the design and content placement behind the W10 Xbox app, albeit harder to navigate with there being more content.

Anyone opted in for EA Access? Fairly decent selection of freebies and bought it mainly for Need for Speed. At £20 a year I can't complain.

Yeh grabbed it a while back. Not bad at all, Madden, FIFA, UFC, dragon age, Titanfall, Battlefield 4, and a few others. Sweet deal

EA Access is a fantastic deal and one of the best things about the Xbox One, I'm not "that into" sports games so being a year behind is no issue to me. Other games I would never have played like plants vs zombies are fun and with Battlefield Hardline coming to it this month as well (around 6-7 months after release) what's to complain about. OK I'm paying to "rent" games but its a good price.

Battlefield Hardline is being added to the EA Access Vault in a week or so too, which is awesome. I liked the first couple of single player missions when I played them in the trial so looking forward to finishing that off.

Yep, got EA Access a while back.

I've also just had the new update and the dashboard, well, it looks OK. to be fair as long as I can navigate to the game I'm currently playing without too much fuss I'm happy.

Anybody know if the issue with Destiny not launching with the NXE preview has been resolved yet? There was an update a couple of days ago and it's no longer listed in the known issues section (although it also doesn't mention about it being fixed).

Any other big issues that people are aware of? I'm tempted to update this weekend to see what it's like.

Anybody know if the issue with Destiny not launching with the NXE preview has been resolved yet? There was an update a couple of days ago and it's no longer listed in the known issues section (although it also doesn't mention about it being fixed).

Any other big issues that people are aware of? I'm tempted to update this weekend to see what it's like.

Not tried Destiny with the NXE dash.
One annoying bug I have found is when playing Rock Band 4, the screen dims like it does if you havent touched a controller for 10-15mins.

So I reckon the RB guitar isnt being recognised as a controller (or something equally weird)

anybody know how I can use my hyper x cloud 1's with my xbox one? I saw something mentioned about a adapter of some kind?

Prob worth mentioning i have one of the newer 3.5mm jack controllers

Last edited:

Not had any problems with destiny loading even before the update a few days ago. Only issues for me are with running the TV through it. Sound cutting out and it not being at 50hz when set to be.

NXE is great as an interface but God does it have some issues, snapped tv runs terrible, the party app suffers some hard crashes and you can't quit the app now so you have to reboot the console, rock band controllers and wheels don't work right and I've had a few lock ups in games from halo mcc to forza 6

NXE is OK. I don't think they new layout is particularly good and much of an improvement over the original. The community tab is awful. One Guide is of no use to me. Store page is better though.

I think its already been said the community tab is just a placeholder. Hasn't got any of the features it will. At the minute its pretty much pointless.

Just wondered if someone could help please.

My boys want an Xbox one for christmas and they are still quite young, but have had a PS3 for a couple of years, so am happy to get them one, but have been looking at 2nd hand tbh.

Someone I sort of know is selling one, but a lot of the games he has are downloaded to the hard drive. Will these 'carry' across, or is it like steam in that they are linked to an account and unusable by anyone other than the account owner?

Thanks.

He could set the account to 'home xbox' and turn the password on so it cant be signed into. This means you could set up a new account for your kids and they will be able to still use the games from the sellers account

He could set the account to 'home xbox' and turn the password on so it cant be signed into. This means you could set up a new account for your kids and they will be able to still use the games from the sellers account

Really? For a guy he "sort of knows"? That's a lot of trust required to give complete access to your Live account.

Thanks for the information. He wanted £400 for the console with the games, but as I said, I dont really know him, friend of a guy I play football with. He has 3 boxed games and 7 saved to the hard drive.

I'm going to pass on it and keep looking, got plenty of time til Christmas, thanks again

Back
Top Bottom