*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Yeah I'd pass also. No guarantee he won't assign a new Xbox as his home one in the future and then those 7 games won't be accessible the you.

Looks like there was a big (about 550MB) update overnight to the NXOE. Lots of fixes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3onui2/nxoe_update_is_live_554mb/

MUCH faster, awesome community section now!
Sound effects when navigating the UI. Feels much better.
Notifications icon in the sidebar/guide is now the windows 10 equivalent. New messages icon in the sidebar.
You can now see when someone is in a party/game from friends list. You still can't see party roster.
Haven't used profiles much but there is a captures section where it shows all of their clips in a neat fashion.
The menu you get when pressing and holding the Xbox button is now a wire frame menu with no solid green (only highlighted item is green). In this menu they added quick shortcuts to narrator and magnifier (don't know if new).
You can now "snap" friends, messages, parties, settings.
Plex can play .mkvs flawlessly now and without crashes.
Xbox select now works correctly on the home screen/guide.
Background is brighter and actually fits the screen now as you select the image.
Netflix input bug was fixed. It used to get input from the guide/home screen with the menu open.
You can now snap achievements and the UI is FAST. I think it is faster due to only showing your recently played games though. But the achievement tracker works and it shows like your last 5-10 played games. No more delays on this ****. Just a quick loading indicator.
You can now remap your controllers!
You can now toggle "Appear Offline".
Edge no longer loses it's cursor randomly. Edge no longer crashes on HTTPS websites randomly.
You can now dismiss notifications with x from the notifications pane.
You can now kill background apps with the menu button from the home screen.
With party open, press x to quickly mute the party or y to quickly mute your mic.
In friends list press x to invite someone to your party when they are highlighted. Based 360 features
People are reporting that overscan is fixed for them. I never had this problem as my TV had native resultion detection anyways.
Rock band 4 controllers still don't register as a device and system menus/home doesn't respond to input.
Still no way to hide games from ready to install or am I missing something?
Cortana is now disabled and the hidden option can no longer be found. If someone finds it I will give them 3 months gold. I guarantee it is a button combination in settings somewhere. Apparently my console just needed a hard reset.
They still haven't fixed the guide button where it stops functioning after power cycle of controller sometimes.

I wish they'd not update almost every time I switch the sodding box on.. its rather irritating now!

Part of being a Preview user mate, upside is, we get to see new features before others, but we are also guinea pigs for their bug fixing... and the constant updates, which is partly a good thing, fixes issues.

The only real annoyance I'm getting now is occasionally, I turn my Xbox on from quick boot, and my TV via USB dongle fails to work. Just a blank screen and a hard reboot is required.

I still can't get achievements as background... got a nice one from Smite and it's just not available :(

Does Forza 6 now work flawlessly with the new dash? Thats the one thing stopping me changing atm!

I've not had any issues. Not updated to the latest build above though, but I doubt it will be any different. To be honest I've had very few issues so far. Few little crashes here and there, and had to disable direct stream in Plex as mkv playback was broken (which is apparently fixed in the latest build) but all good other than that

Any way to still get into preview program? Only upgraded to Xbox one a month ago :(

I think they've stopped accepting new members now tbh, but i can send you an invite when I get home and you can try. :)

Last edited:
I've not had any issues. Not updated to the latest build above though, but I doubt it will be any different. To be honest I've had very few issues so far. Few little crashes here and there, and had to disable direct stream in Plex as mkv playback was broken (which is apparently fixed in the latest build) but all good other than that

I think they've stopped accepting new members now tbh, but i can send you an invite when I get home and you can try. :)

Cheers, I read somewhere about inviting but not about stopping accepted :(

xbox tag is same as forum name :)

Added you, will send you an invite when I get home if no one beats me to it, as you need to do it via the preview program app.

Part of being a Preview user mate, upside is, we get to see new features before others, but we are also guinea pigs for their bug fixing... and the constant updates, which is partly a good thing, fixes issues.

The only real annoyance I'm getting now is occasionally, I turn my Xbox on from quick boot, and my TV via USB dongle fails to work. Just a blank screen and a hard reboot is required.

I still can't get achievements as background... got a nice one from Smite and it's just not available :(

Yeah good point.. but given the reason I joined the Preview was 360 emulation and it has few titles I wonder if they have added more or are waiting for the release (later this year)?

Any way to still get into preview program? Only upgraded to Xbox one a month ago :(

Unfortunately no, I was surprised I even got the NXOE when I only have a few points from my survey, which was supposedly the score they were using to take waves of people on.

Still no harm trying, get your name on this thread:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18679376

Yeah good point.. but given the reason I joined the Preview was 360 emulation and it has few titles I wonder if they have added more or are waiting for the release (later this year)?

They haven't add much since, but I suspect more to come as game devs start releasing e.g. Fallout 3 is out when Fallout 4 is released - but only if you pre-order or something.

Feels like some Developers are using it as a bonus, rather than a roll out to allow all Xbox One users to play 360 games.

Thanks mate, might grab it next week when I'm off work!

So I'm thinking about making the change from Windows 7 to Windows 10, purely for the use of Xbox One streaming capabilities, one question I have is would I still be able to use things like ventrillo/teamspeak while I am using the Xbox App?

Lots of people are saying the latest update of the NXOE is much quicker, with less issues, but honestly I'm still finding it slow to use. I really don't like the home screen, I feel like everything is far too big and there is so much wasted space. At least on the old dashboard you could see a lot of stuff all at once, I don't see why everything has to be so huge.

Really disapointed in the visuals of it so far. I do like the new guide on the left that comes out but the slight delay whilst it loads is annoying.

The latest build was much better than the previous one, this one is fast and smooth, seems they've fixed a lot of lag issues, and direct stream on Plex works again, yay! (though still not as flawless as on the old dash)

Theres another new update for it live now, another ~400MB.

NEW EXPERIENCES
Community Calendar. A new version of the Community Calendar app is available to download and install from “Beta and Games Apps” in the Xbox Preview Dashboard.
Fixes:
Game Updates: Game updates should no longer display massive install sizes (in excess of 100TB) if your console has no available hard drive space.
Game DVR: Game DVR no longer crashes in snapped mode.

Back
Top Bottom