*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

My latest update has changed all my fonts to being barely readable!

Yeah, mines pretty messed up too.

Not liking the new dashboard so far, apart from having a confusing layout it also seems very sluggish, something I expect them to rectify, but still not what I typically expect from preview builds. They have tended to be pretty bulletproof.

My latest update has changed all my fonts to being barely readable!
The pseudolocalization? Thats been a thing for a while, its better now than it was.

Got the invite last night so Thanks to whoever did it :)

Said something about pending approval or something but will wait for that.
Glad you got it, I sent it over the same day, not too sure if you will be accepted though, was reading on Reddit that they are only letting a handful of new members in if any at all. On the plus side the NXOE should be released in November so not too much longer to wait. :)

While I do like NXOE the issues with sluggishness, random stuck faded screens, font issues etc.. almost make me want to opt back out. If I didn't have to factory reset I probably would.

They do seem to be rolling out updates fast so hopefully the niggle go soon.

SO recently got a new Yamaha YSP-2500 soundbar which is connected to my tv via HDMI-ARC. My Xbox One connects to this via HDMI. I was using it fine, when the the other day it went off and despite physically rebooting it, it wouldn't display anything. Fast forward to tonight and more faffing, I connected the console direct to my tv and it works fine, though I now seem to have the Xbox NXE...does anyone know of any bugs which could cause this?

I have had an Xbox One since launch, Day One edition, with my Sky HD box passed through the Xbox One's HDMI IN port. Since I time I cannot recall specifically, probably around a year, I have been experiencing problems with using the record and instant rewind features of the Sky HD box.
When playing back a program that has been instant rewound, the audio and video corrupt every 2 minutes or so. Recordings were mostly showing "Temp Rec" with an error of "Technical Fault - 7 (33)". While playing back these recordings, at the time the video was about to corrupt a massive box appears staying "Recording interrupted by loss of signal"

I'd tried new Sky HD boxes, from Sky and self purchased, new HDMI cables between both Sky<>Xbox and Xbox<>AVR to no avail. I'd noticed that while I was on holiday recently, all the recordings went fine, but went to pot again upon our arrival home. So, Sky HD direct to AVR, no problem since!

Has anyone else had this problem? Trying another Xbox One seems to be the only potential solution I can think of!

Good news for those who are waiting to try the NXOE:

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/655098922499575808

Goal is within next 24 or so hours everyone who opted in for NXOE will be in.

Just remember...

There will be some bugs and if you want to leave it again after you've upgraded to the new dash you will have to do a factory reset meaning you will loose all your installed games and apps unless they're on an external drive.

Edit: that said, the latest build is really very good imo. :)

Last edited:
Is it possible for me to stream a xbox one game to my pc whilst still allow tv passthrough on the console at the same time?

Gfs watching some hugh grant movie and i need to get on madden! :(

Is it possible for me to stream a xbox one game to my pc whilst still allow tv passthrough on the console at the same time?

Gfs watching some hugh grant movie and i need to get on madden! :(

Pretty sure streaming takes over the console, it's literally 1:1 with what you would see on the TV the console is connected to, so you can't stream and watch unless you snapped the video to the game window.

is it time to get an Xb1? mainly would want it for Halo 5 so not sure if its worth doing just for that but there are a few other games i could try too. seem to be around £240-300 at the mo. Can get the Gears bundle from john lewis with gf's discount would make it around £250-260ish

Quick question for you guys, if I buy an xbox one (standard 500GB model) does it come with the new, updated controller with the 3.5mm jack?
I'm wondering if it's just the 1TB models that come with the updated controller..

Yes, the 500GB Fifa 16 bundle One I just got has the updated controller. Plain unbundled ones could be older stock though, so I wouldn't back on them all having them.

Back
Top Bottom