*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

The guide is a welcome addition, but as I said above the slight delay in opening it makes it a slightly jarring experience.

I get this as well i haven't tried the update from 2am this morning yet though.

I was thinking it was because i have about 100 people on my friends list and their status takes a second or two to update. I might try a new account tonight and see if its quicker.

Other than that i quite like the new dash.

Don't forget 5% off via Facebook for CDKEYS.

I got a 12 month sub for around £16 the other week via an eBay seller when they had the 20% off offer on everything running, went mental via HotUKDeals.

Seems a good deal. Do it!

I'd like to redirect attention to here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRDm9Bwlyc

Long story short, Halo 5 is not the console-seller people were expecting it to be. Nobody should be buying an XB1 just for Halo 5. There are plenty of other good games, most of them are yet to release though. It's a sad day when a Halo game is this bad.

What download speeds are people getting. Im downloading a couple of games from xbox live and looking at the network stats my usage is 50mbs on my 152mb virgin line. Ive seen it jump to 80mbs but it normally hovers around the 50-60 mark, i thought on a 152mb connection i should be getting 100+.
Downloads seem to take quite a while.

So looks like the M$ elite controller is going to be in limited supply through Nov. Seen prices in Amazon and eBay for around £200 lol, no way I'm paying that much for a controller.

Will have to bide my time and wait for them to come back in stock at the normal price.

I'd like to redirect attention to here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahRDm9Bwlyc

Long story short, Halo 5 is not the console-seller people were expecting it to be. Nobody should be buying an XB1 just for Halo 5. There are plenty of other good games, most of them are yet to release though. It's a sad day when a Halo game is this bad.

I'm playing it and I think it's excellent. Nothing you or any youtuber will change what I know.

And who said they were buying it just for Halo 5? 1TB console and a game is a decent deal @ £279, that is all.

Edit - Ah just seen your post in the Halo 5 thread. If micro transactions aren't for you then don't buy them. I don't, and won't, but I'm not going to rage about it nor try to put someone off buying a ****ing console. Jesus.

Last edited:
I think M$ have purposely made stocks low so that people who want one start going on about it.

I'll have to pop into game later and see if I can order one in, got about 200 in credit so might as well use some of it.

I don't think they have, seeing as Phil was saying they have ramped up making more to get a wave two out in the middle of November and all the Amazon stores sold out and it seems like plenty got them in the first round.

Well just had a nice result in my search for the elusive elite controller. Made a call to my local game store and asked if they had any, nope and they don't know when they will be getting anymore in.

So as I was leaving work, thought I'd call them and see if I could pre-order one. The guy who picked up the phone remembered me from earlier in the morning and said they just got one in, so said if I want it then he would put it aside. Off I went and now I have the very lovely elite controller in my hands. Will give it a bash later tonight with destiny and halo to see how I get on with it.

I imagine I could just use the rechargeable battery pack that I use with the original controller in the elite and it should work fine right??

Didn't you say you didn't play COD multiplayer? I'm not sure why anyone would want an Elite/Scuf controller for anything other than competitive online play?

Why??? Is the elite only for COD MP playing?? Can it not be used as a normal controller on games other than COD??

Yes I don't play any mp on any games but I don't see why I need to play mp to get one :confused:

Why??? Is the elite only for COD MP playing?? Can it not be used as a normal controller on games other than COD??

Yes I don't play any mp on any games but I don't see why I need to play mp to get one :confused:

Of course it can be used for normal games, but £150 to play it in the same style as a standard controller? Wut

I got a Scuf so I didn't have to press the triggers down when shooting and also for the rear buttons for jumping etc. I only use the controller for FPS.

Back
Top Bottom