*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Of course it can be used for normal games, but £150 to play it in the same style as a standard controller? Wut

I got a Scuf so I didn't have to press the triggers down when shooting and also for the rear buttons for jumping etc. I only use the controller for FPS.

I didn't pay 150 for it, it's 120.

Seeing as majority of my gaming is FPS as well, thought I'd buy one. I did have a look at the scuf but put off by build quality issues plus it's not as nice looking as the elite. The elite seems pretty solid, much more than the normal Xbox controller.

Of course it can be used for normal games, but £150 to play it in the same style as a standard controller? Wut

I got a Scuf so I didn't have to press the triggers down when shooting and also for the rear buttons for jumping etc. I only use the controller for FPS.

Well I have mine also mapped out for Forza, and can tell you its a MASSIVE difference using the different sensitivity curves and longer sticks to hold certain turns.

I self modded my original day one controller with paddles & (screws in triggers (dirty mod)) trigger stops. I went through an extra controller after replacing thumb sticks/wearing out the face plate and had to switch to a normal controller for games that required full trigger presses like Sniper Elite 3 and Forza etc.

The elite is well worth the cost for me as it replaces 2 the jobs of two controllers and replacements parts like thumbtacks can be swapped out in seconds and for a lot less.

I self modded my original day one controller with paddles & (screws in triggers (dirty mod)) trigger stops. I went through an extra controller after replacing thumb sticks/wearing out the face plate and had to switch to a normal controller for games that required full trigger presses like Sniper Elite 3 and Forza etc.

The elite is well worth the cost for me as it replaces 2 the jobs of two controllers and replacements parts like thumbtacks can be swapped out in seconds and for a lot less.

I do find the Xbox one controllers to be quite rubbish in their reliability. I had to replace a joystick on mine as well. Also bought a faulty day one controller which I have replaced both thumb sticks with 160g/m joysticks so they now feel nice and stiff like the 360 pads. Added some kontrol freeks and the controller is pretty much perfect now.

Kinda sucks that in order to use the Xbox elite controller app, you need to have a pc or laptop running win10.

Really need to get around to upgrading my laptop to win10, it's been downloaded but just need to find some time to actually getting round to installing it.

Used the controller last night and even with the standard mapping it was a bit strange having the paddles on the bottom, took me a little while getting used to it but I can see that it will be advantageous in the future. Things i like so far are the adjustable triggers, don't need to press it all the way down. Also the weight is nice compared to the original controller which feels so much more flimsy. Well built controller with nice weighting all round and it looks the part too.

Because it's so nice looking, worried about it getting dirty lol. I always wash my hands before I use my original controller but even then it's gets a bit dirty, used to religiously clean it after using but then I just couldn't be bothered with all that effort :p

All in all loving the controller, just need to get to my laptop updated to win10.

I was able to alter button configs etc. Perhaps you need the laptop to adjust the response curves for aiming/movement and the trigger stops as I didn't see that in the app (although i only looked briefly)

I'm looking for a portable device I can use with windows 10 on to stream. Basically the Xbox one is upstairs, and I am looking to be able to stream it downstairs.

What options are you guys using? Would a Raspberry PI work?

I have funds for an XBOX One. The question is, do I bite and get one now or wait until closer to XMAS/Black Friday to pick one up? Decisions, decisions....

ALWAYS try to get the best deal. Thus it's best to wait for Black Friday and watch Amazon like a hawk. I remember last year's BF deals went quick since they did that horrible thing of only selling a limited number at the offer price. One reason why I hate Black Friday. Otherwise it's good for those constant sale price items. And if you are buying, spend no more than £300. Deals should help out. Maybe even check out other retailers (EU Amazon for example), you could get a bigger discount. I bought my PS4 from gamestop.ie and saved at least £80.

The big question is what game. Halo 5 turned out to be a disappointment, but I've heard good things about GoW: Ultimate Edition. If you don't game on PC then there are a good many options. Maybe try looking out for one of the Fallout 4 bundles, since I think they also include a free digital copy of Fallout New Vegas. Oh and of course ignore any bundles where the one bundled game is digital. You'll end up paying more for less. If you do game on PC... I have no idea why folks would want to buy an XB1 in that situation. I'm waiting until they release some good (non-Halo) exclusives before I buy one.

A[L]C;28778683 said:
Elite controller back in stock......very tempted

Get it!!! :p you won't be disappointed. I've had mine for a couple of days now and honestly I'm like ranked in the top 5 of all destiny crucible players...no stat whore :p:D

But seriously it's a very nicely made controller and the amount of adjustments you can make is mind boggling.

Back
Top Bottom