*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Sorry guys, I'm confused regarding the controller update.

I assumed it was included in the last Feb update, than the controller was updated to change the dead zones on the thumbsticks.

Does this need to be applied to the physical controller via the "Update Controller" option, or not? :confused:

EDIT: Just did some Googling. Seems the manual update is for the Stereo headset adapter

Last edited:
Anyone else been unable to connect their xbox one to the smartglass app?

I've tried all sorts based on what I've been finding on the net, here are different things I've tried,

Restarting console and router
Leaving console off for a minute unplugged from wall
Signing in and out of both devices
Reinstalling smartglass
Smart glass connections allowed rom all devices on xb1

No luck at all, the app cannot even find the console on my wifi....connecting from a iPad air/iPhone 5 with same results. Just says

'we cannot connect to your console right now (0x8001001)' has also had error code 0x8000001E.

Driving me Barry, really wanna do the smartglass missions in DR3!! :(

Anyone else been unable to connect their xbox one to the smartglass app?

I've tried all sorts based on what I've been finding on the net, here are different things I've tried,

Restarting console and router
Leaving console off for a minute unplugged from wall
Signing in and out of both devices
Reinstalling smartglass
Smart glass connections allowed rom all devices on xb1

No luck at all, the app cannot even find the console on my wifi....connecting from a iPad air/iPhone 5 with same results. Just says

'we cannot connect to your console right now (0x8001001)' has also had error code 0x8000001E.

Driving me Barry, really wanna do the smartglass missions in DR3!! :(

Using my phone as a hotspot and connecting bot devices worked, bloody house share router!

Otherwise, DR3 with smart glass is fun :D

With Twitch streaming coming, does anyone know if it is possible to stream without the right side charm coming on to screen as you will be losing 1/5th of your screen?

With Twitch streaming coming, does anyone know if it is possible to stream without the right side charm coming on to screen as you will be losing 1/5th of your screen?

Is Twitch streaming available now or not in the BETA? I saw Major Nelson say he had been streaming PvZ and was Tweeting (vaguely) how to get it working.

Do you need the Twitch app, or is that still just for viewing other streams?

Is Twitch streaming available now or not in the BETA? I saw Major Nelson say he had been streaming PvZ and was Tweeting (vaguely) how to get it working.

Do you need the Twitch app, or is that still just for viewing other streams?
Not in Beta yet although the reports suggest it'll be worth the wait with enhanced res over the already impressive PS4 support (which I dare say will get updated as I doubt there's a technical reason not to support he improved res & features, PS4 is just on an earlier app implementation).

videogamer.com said:
Reddit users analysed Major Nelson's Xbox One broadcast of PvZ Garden Warfare to discover the stream specifications of 1280x720 30 fps, at approximately 2.5 Mbps. This compares very favourably to the PS4's broadcast stream of 960x540 30 fps, at approximately 1.7 Mbps.
Beyond the resolution increase Xbox One Twitch also features broadcast archives, something PS4 users are still without. The March 11 Xbox One system update will also introduce a host of party functionality enhancements.

Managed to get an Xbox One which was someone's replacement from Microsoft for £200, I'll be buying it this evening, and I figured I can just grab a power supply and controller online for around £60 altogether, so not a bad deal all in all. Now my question is, what's the warranty situation with buying second hand? I don't think he has the shop receipt, but do I still get the Microsoft warranty if I register it?

Managed to get an Xbox One which was someone's replacement from Microsoft for £200, I'll be buying it this evening, and I figured I can just grab a power supply and controller online for around £60 altogether, so not a bad deal all in all. Now my question is, what's the warranty situation with buying second hand? I don't think he has the shop receipt, but do I still get the Microsoft warranty if I register it?

I've never understood how people end up selling/buying the console without power supply and the rest. anyway it should have 2 (afaik) year warranty from launch at worse case scenario. If you just add the serial number to your xbox live account online it should list the expiry of warranty. Hopefully

Can someone tell me what is up with all the 'console only' xbox one's on auction? Is there some kind of scam going on? Looking at prices you can get a console for £160 and PSU for £70 and a controller for £40, that makes £270 and you're up and running.

It just doesn't seem right, but at the same time works out that way, what am I missing?

Back
Top Bottom