*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Because the console is the most annoying console to ever be built?

Mine gets on my t1ts every time i turn it on with it pathetically slow silly look dashboard thing what ever you call it.

Because the console is the most annoying console to ever be built?

Mine gets on my t1ts every time i turn it on with it pathetically slow silly look dashboard thing what ever you call it.
So if they hate their xbox one why are they selling just the console without anything else? Surely you'd sell it as a complete package.

So if they hate their xbox one why are they selling just the console without anything else? Surely you'd sell it as a complete package.

O no, i dunno.

Just thought i would get it in there how much the XBO is getting on my nervs lately with its complicated dash. I am simple, so i like simple. :p

Will be swapping for a PS4 if TitanFall doesn't impress me.

The Xbox dash is complicated? I think it's beautifully simple, especially compared to the XMB on the PS4. I power it on, I press a single button, it loads the game I was last playing. It doesn't get any more simple than that :p

They are all stated as brand new and selaed MS replacements. I'm wondering why so many are getting replaced and then just sold.

This is true, but if they ring up saying my console is "faulty" they get sent another one through the rapid replacement.

They then sell this replacement over ebay, keep the original one that wasn't faulty and just carry on.

Who knows how the degenerates operate/make profit out of this but it's surely the only way this is happening, either that or they are stolen from a warehouse with replacement units.

This is true, but if they ring up saying my console is "faulty" they get sent another one through the rapid replacement.

They then sell this replacement over ebay, keep the original one that wasn't faulty and just carry on.

Who knows how the degenerates operate/make profit out of this but it's surely the only way this is happening, either that or they are stolen from a warehouse with replacement units.
Oh I see, do they not have to prove they have a console by swapping it out? Seems a bit mad to just send someone a new console without actually checking or atleast taking their old one back.

Oh I see, do they not have to prove they have a console by swapping it out? Seems a bit mad to just send someone a new console without actually checking or atleast taking their old one back.

If they do the advanced replacement option (there is the fact they will get charged for not sending the old one back) then MS send you a new console out and then you send the old one back.

As I said, it's the only feasible way I can see this working and why people would be selling a console on it's own.

Update rolling out today. Those with the latest Beta already have the latest version of the firmware. So nothing will change for you guys.

Doesn't include Twitch streaming yet, there will be an update for that next week.

If they do the advanced replacement option (there is the fact they will get charged for not sending the old one back) then MS send you a new console out and then you send the old one back.

As I said, it's the only feasible way I can see this working and why people would be selling a console on it's own.
I get it now, I missed the point where you stated they are 'supposed' to send the old one back. So basically they are ripping Microsft off and making money by selling the console they got for free.

Last edited:
I get it now, I missed the point where you stated they are 'supposed' to send the old one back. So basically they are ripping Microsft off and making money by selling the console they got for free. Well they won't be getting my money, I would rather pay Microsoft.

Thing is MS normally take a credit card transaction (they did when I had to send mine back, but never held the funds on my card) to the value of a new console, so they will never win if it is what they are doing.

Thing is MS normally take a credit card transaction (they did when I had to send mine back, but never held the funds on my card) to the value of a new console, so they will never win if it is what they are doing.
It does seem daft, surely they'll see the error of their ways soon enough as the amount of listings for console only is bound to get their attention, sooner or later.

A quick question guys, I'm buying a base xbox without any cables etc. So I'm currently looking for a power supply for my console. Just wondering if there's any verdict on the unofficial ones? They can be had for about £25, which is about £50 cheaper than the official ones go on eBay, apart from that I can't find the official ones anywhere... I've heard something about Microsoft offering replacements for a reasonable price, does anyone know about this? Another option, if it is safe, is a converter from the 360 power supply to the One, this can be had for a couple of pounds and the X360 power supply's are only about £15 so that would be the cheapest option. Any help or advice would be great.

Back
Top Bottom