*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Pretty good review of the XO Twitch app from Penny arcade.. http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/03/07/xbox-one-and-twitch

Yes the XO Twitch app sounds like a big upgrade to the PS4 one, really taking advantage of XO exclusive features of its UI which still amazes me and is improving monthly, with Titanfall this coming Friday and the XO Twitch app, the XO is where it's at atm, things are looking very quiet on the PS4 front, so glad I made the right choice ;)

People have mentioned the pad falling apart. Playing the titanfall beta, my pad felt like it was ready to.

I've since disabled rumble in the games I play, doesn't affect the game experience for me.

So what's the crack for Day One buyers since the price drop. Where do I get my free game / trade

You don't, price of buying new tech on day one bud.

Anyone had issues with Party Chat since the update? If I part up with a mate then we can a really crackly, popping line but it we Skype is crystal clear.

Also Bitstream Dolby Digital audio over HDMI gets all crackly, goes with a cold but will return after another sleep. Tried connecting via Optical instead to see if that sorts it out, working so far.

He thinks he should be getting something free because there was a price cut, instead he should be focused on all the awesome extra gaming time he had on the machine. If it worries people that much they should learn patience and see how the market lies before jumping in with £400+.

Not gonna lie, it's a first for me, but I've ordered something for the x1 when I don't even have one! So looks like it'll be an end of the month purchase for me!

Picked up the official Microsoft headset this afternoon really impressed with the sound quality and the bass is great, the headset adadpter is really good too.

Been playing a bit of Plants vs Zombies with no problems at all.

Cheers all

Not a great advert for Azure lol. The AI for the grunts is basically non-existent. Loved the beta and will get the game Friday ...but the grunt AI is not exactly something they should be advertising.

Interesting article here about how Titanfall uses Microsoft's Azure cloud infrastructure to provide the AI compute for the grunts and Titans when they are operating on their own as well as to provide the dedicated servers. Early days but could be a first step to really expanding the capabilities of the console beyond what's in the box.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/10/titanfall-cloud-explained/
Interesting, so maybe Azure isnt fully up and running right now is whats causing the performance issues with TF? That could also explain why the grunts dont see to do much when looking at Alpha/Beta gameplay too...

Hopefully they can offload more of the AI to help the local compute ready for the post-day one patch Respawn are looking into.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Not a great advert for Azure lol. The AI for the grunts is basically non-existent. Loved the beta and will get the game Friday ...but the grunt AI is not exactly something they should be advertising.
It's a first step to try this sort of thing so I'll give them some slack. Given people talk about how we're really early into this gen of consoles and how much they will improve as devs get to grips with the hardware with time perhaps using cloud compute could build on what's being tried with TF and produce some really interesting and meaningful augmentation to in box CPU.

I'd like to think trying something new for gaming should be encouraged and deserves to succeed, PS4 rumoured VR headset could be another example of the consoles trying to move the genre on.

Last edited:
It's a first step to try this sort of thing so I'll give them some slack. Given people talk about how we're really early into this gen of consoles and how much they will improve as devs get to grips with the hardware with time perhaps using cloud compute could build on what's being tried with TF and produce some really interesting and meaningful augmentation to in box CPU.

I'd like to think trying something new for gaming should be encouraged and deserves to succeed, PS4 rumoured VR headset could be another example of the consoles trying to move the genre on.

I'm not saying it is a bad thing, just that it's not something they should be touting just yet. I can only see Azure being a good thing, but its still early.

Back
Top Bottom