*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

A bit of an update, yesterday I managed to get it working, but then when I switched it off and tried it again it did the same thing, until I fiddled about with it and somehow got it working and shutting it down and holding the power button down etc.

Last night I tried to figure it out and I'm on the energy save mode for reference, but when I first tap the xbox button and it instantly lights up it doesn't show up, then if I hold it to shut it down and hold it when powering up it switches on but the xbox logo doesn't light up for about 10 seconds and then it somehow works fine. Anyone have any clues what this could be?

Try phoning xbox support? Either hdcp doesn't work properly or your console sounds buggered..

It normally takes a good while to start up if you do the full power down actually so might be working OK..? Try it with the quick start options?

A bit of an update, yesterday I managed to get it working, but then when I switched it off and tried it again it did the same thing, until I fiddled about with it and somehow got it working and shutting it down and holding the power button down etc.

Last night I tried to figure it out and I'm on the energy save mode for reference, but when I first tap the xbox button and it instantly lights up it doesn't show up, then if I hold it to shut it down and hold it when powering up it switches on but the xbox logo doesn't light up for about 10 seconds and then it somehow works fine. Anyone have any clues what this could be?

Dont now if this will make any difference but under the display & sound menu in the HDMI settings there are 3 options available HDMI (auto-detect) / HDMI and DVI... have you tried playing around with these ?

Dont now if this will make any difference but under the display & sound menu in the HDMI settings there are 3 options available HDMI (auto-detect) / HDMI and DVI... have you tried playing around with these ?

Good shout, it is currently on auto detect so I might change it to just HDMI and see if that makes a difference, if not, I'll have a play around with the energy settings and see if that helps. As it worked on my mates TV first time I suspect that its not an actual issue with the XBOX and more to do with the relationship with it and my monitor..

Good shout, it is currently on auto detect so I might change it to just HDMI and see if that makes a difference, if not, I'll have a play around with the energy settings and see if that helps. As it worked on my mates TV first time I suspect that its not an actual issue with the XBOX and more to do with the relationship with it and my monitor..

Any change or still the same ?

What I love about the XBox One, apart from the games, is how you can use Kinect to control it. I am currently watching all 5 seasons of Chuck on Netflix and I don't have to touch the controller to use the One at all. The commands work seemlessly and mean I can lie on my settee and not have to lift a finger.

Sounds daft to other people but once you have it and use it, so strange to consider every having to use on of those things with buttons on!

Any change or still the same ?

Found out the problem, I did try and change the settings and it did nothing, but I first connected the XBOX to my housemates TV and it worked perfectly first time, so I used his HDMI cable on my monitor and it worked fine! Why is this though, if I can use the HDMI cable to connect up my laptop and PS3 to my monitor fine why does it have issues with the XBOX, I also assumed that all HDMI cables are pretty much the same...

Found out the problem, I did try and change the settings and it did nothing, but I first connected the XBOX to my housemates TV and it worked perfectly first time, so I used his HDMI cable on my monitor and it worked fine! Why is this though, if I can use the HDMI cable to connect up my laptop and PS3 to my monitor fine why does it have issues with the XBOX, I also assumed that all HDMI cables are pretty much the same...

Are you not using the HDMI cable that came with the XOne?

Had the Xbox One TF bundle since Friday and am very pleased with it. I own a PS4 too so this completes the set I guess.

I really like using voice commands and saying "Xbox Record That" is a great little feature for capturing epic moments. I'm also a fan of the controller and have no complaints at all with the new design really. The Upload Studio and ability to send clips to OneDrive are great features.

I think it's probably a marginally better blu-ray player than the PS4 based on current firmware but the PS3 is still the best for that. The "Play To' feature is good as well.

My only concern is that very few people appear to be on Mics in Titanfall. I'm guessing this is because they aren't bothering to plug the headsets in and Kinect mics are blocked by the game. Usually on the 360 you always get people in public lobbies on mics.

I'm so close to selling my xbox one. I find myself having to reboot my console over and over so voice chat will work in a party and quite often a game will start to load and then randomly kick me back to dashboard.

Well the main thing is its working now i guess all HDMI cables are not the same :p glad you figured it out anyway enjoy :D

I have to reboot now and again too, mostly due to cracks and pops and static in my sound if I don't. I'm hoping such issues will be fixed in an update before long :S

I'm so close to selling my xbox one. I find myself having to reboot my console over and over so voice chat will work in a party and quite often a game will start to load and then randomly kick me back to dashboard.

FIFA is the only game that seems to constantly kick me to the dash when loading it up, it's bloody annoying! No other game has caused me an issue.

I get the party issue often, . It will very rarely work first time. The being kicked to dashboard glitch isn't all the time but it happens often enough to **** me off!

Well one plus I have is that after being screwed out of the Fifa VIP bundle (Fifa 15, £15 XBL credit and 3 Months XBL) and going around in circles for 2 months MS have just given me 2 codes which add up to £60.

Back
Top Bottom