*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

No PS4 numbers? And Infamous didn't even chart? Pretty terrible all round really. Don't worry though Mario will save the day next month!

Furthermore, Sony have announced that Infamous: Second Son was the best-selling next-gen title in April. Now this really is surprising considering the great lengths Microsoft went to to advertise and promote Titanfall, even including the game for free in its console bundles.

It was the highest selling game on PS4/XB1 (not sure if they count WiiU).

Sounds strange, for USA. I would have thought most XB1 players bought Titanfall and considering there is a millions of them it should be number 1 easily? I think they are not counting bundled copies or something.

rp2000

PS4 numbers will be out shortly, Sony haven't been shy about releasing them. 116k is a woeful drop for XB1 though as they had been sitting fairly steady about 400k~ per month compared to PS4s 1m~ per month. If PS4 has sustained it's sales they would have outsold XB1 by nearly 10:1..

It was the highest selling game on PS4/XB1 (not sure if they count WiiU).

Yeah it was the all formats top 10 chart I read on GAF from the NPD figures and not single format, which I'd prefer to see. The only single hardware format showing in it was Minecraft on the 360 (no interest in that game but wow must've sold squillions by now).

Be interesting to see the actual hardware ratios. I wish we could get figures broken down like Japan do.

Edit - I'm hearing approx 200k PS4's. 2:1 if true. Big drop off for both.

Last edited:
In theory that would be right, but it never happens. MS/Sony don't want to upset the bricks and mortar shops by undercutting them, as the bricks and mortar shops are the ones who sell the majority of their consoles. If MS/Sony undercut them, those shops could end up going out of business, hurting their console sales. Whether it's some kind of official deal, or whether MS/Sony are doing it on their own, I don't know.

They should do download code cards to appease brick and mortar and allow them to compete. Pure digital should be cheaper and it that was the main flaw in MS's initial "plan."

They should do download code cards to appease brick and mortar and allow them to compete. Pure digital should be cheaper and it that was the main flaw in MS's initial "plan."

It doesn't matter whether it's a disc or a download card, retail don't want MS, Sony etc undercutting them. The issue isn't to do with the cost of printing the disc and booklet.

Since everyone is going remake mad, if they could do me a favour and release an upgraded Halo 4, I would go and grab a Xbox one to play it and Halo 5 as I loved 1, 2 and 3 but got rid of my 360 long before 4 came out.

Tbh with the prices dropping the only thing stopping me from picking up an xbox 1 for its exclusives is the other half not wanting three consoles in the house, (4 I guess as there is a snes in the smallest spare bedroom.

PS4 numbers will be out shortly, Sony haven't been shy about releasing them. 116k is a woeful drop for XB1 though as they had been sitting fairly steady about 400k~ per month compared to PS4s 1m~ per month. If PS4 has sustained it's sales they would have outsold XB1 by nearly 10:1..

The whole thing is ridiculous, 115k is awful as you say. But they fight this by releasing what is ultimately a less good value package... how stupid are they?

£350 + kinect + titanfall.... sales aren't great but improved. So bump that price back up, sales tank hard and make a £350 no game no kinect version.

Considering they've spent a year telling everyone how awesome the new version of Kinect is, how integral and useful it is, then effectively they are saying an Xbox is worth less without Kinect because you lose the kinect functionality they've spent millions telling everyone is soooooo good. Meaning the price should drop beyond the actual cost of the kinect itself, and no game either...... morons.

With those kinds of numbers, to rebound they needed to go BIG. £350 + game + kinect needed to become standard and frankly £300 for no kinect AND a game, maybe £275 without. Getting under the £300 mark would likely spark a sales rush, which with those sales numbers they desperately need.

If they numbers were only not good, you need a better value package to improve sales, lower price and less things in the bundle = useless. When numbers are that bad you want to go even lower. Hell do a "we've made a new version and it has a 1 month introductory price of £299, after that it will be £329", sales boost, long term protecting price a bit and you'd get all the people who are desperate to not miss deals jumping at that price before it goes back up.

If the news of a master chief collection coming to xbox one are true, I may actually pick up an xbox next year when Halo 5 releases. Would have to be <£250 though including a game. Quantum Break also looks good.

Back
Top Bottom