*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

And they doing pro rata refunds if you no longer need it :) roll on June when it goes live.

Here you go:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/live-faq
[quote="Will I be able to cancel my Gold membership?

Yes. Once the Xbox One and Xbox 360 system updates become available in June, Xbox Live Gold members who purchased a paid membership before that day can cancel and receive a pro-rata refund of any unused remaining days between the date of cancellation and the date their paid Gold membership ends. Cancellation and pro-rata refund requests must be made by August 31, 2014 and require six to eight weeks for processing. Free or trial Gold memberships are not eligible for a refund. To request your pro-rata refund, please click http://support.xbox.com/contact-us after the system updates become available in June."[/quote]
Read it here: http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/14/5...s-xbox-live-refunds-after-making-netflix-free

rp2000

Not really Xbox one. Buy yippee, finally MS get rid of Xbox live gold for apps, like Netflix.

So I assume now I can use both Xbox at the same time to watch Netflix/nowtv. Rather than one person keeps getting kicked,

And they doing pro rata refunds if you no longer need it :) roll on June when it goes live.

That's probably due to the app (ie same netflix id) as using the same xbox gold account in both consoles has always been fine.

That's probably due to the app (ie same netflix id) as using the same xbox gold account in both consoles has always been fine.

Netflix you can use on multiple devices at same time. the issue, is you have to be currently logged in on Xbox gold to use the app. Which you can only login on one console at a time (unless you have gold family) so it kicks you off the other console.

Last edited:
Kinect is the cause of all the Xboxes problems full stop. Ms completely mis read the market to a staggering degree.

i dont think its the main problem, the main one to me seems to be price and the kinect was a conveniant excuse to complain. i mean MS could have kept the console with the kinect and sold if for £249.99 and the masses would have complained end of. just look at all the forums around with the amount of people saying they wouldnt buy an X1 until MS dropped the kinect and now they have the same people still wont buy an X1 so really what was the point in it.

what MS really should have done was stuck it out and only gave consumers 1 choice, kinect or nothing but dropped the price to the £350 they are supposedly selling it at and then released a select few AAA titles that HAD to have the kinect to play the games. Halo, sunset, forza etc if they had to have the kinect to play them would be quick enough changing peoples minds, if used properly in the games

Before you buy it, may be worth reading some reviews.. I'm playing it at the moment and it is very old school and the AI is just dumb! sort of reminds me of Aliens:CM

I'd be surprised if it gets a 5/10.

Back
Top Bottom