*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Before you buy it, may be worth reading some reviews.. I'm playing it at the moment and it is very old school and the AI is just dumb! sort of reminds me of Aliens:CM

I'd be surprised if it gets a 5/10.

is it that bad?? ive seen a few people say pretty much exactly the same thing, espeially the AI, and better off spending cash elsewhere or wait till watchdogs or murdered sould suspects come out

is it that bad?? ive seen a few people say pretty much exactly the same thing, espeially the AI, and better off spending cash elsewhere or wait till watchdogs or murdered sould suspects come out

I'm only about an hour into it but yeah the AI actually has no Intelligence. Although Wolfenstein is all about the killing, the killing is actually not rewarding, you fire the weapon they fall down, hard to explain but it doesn't really feel like you did it..

The aiming down sight is really weird to as it doesn't actually do much.

If £40/50 means something to you then I'd hold off or at least get the retail version that you can trade in later if you want..

yeah see im beginning to wonder now if thats exactly why no one wants reviews released prior to a games release. really dont inspire u with confidence does it

Nope, Nintendo springs to mind. Let MK8 get reviews (knowing full well it was awesome) Yoshi's Island get's held back and was met with bad-average reviews.

Less than 5 hours til the digital version unlocks IIRC - I'll probably give it a whirl - not really expecting much though sadly.

not sure tbh quite fancy getting the game however even before this thread i was a bit unsure. would prefer the download as it means i can share it with my son as well

In the same boat sadly. I loved RTCW on the PC, and I did enjoy RAGE and this is built on the same ID Tech 5, I'll wait it out for more reviews before I drop £40 on this one...

It's probably best I explain some other things, I'm playing the PS4 version.. I pre-ordered it and wasn't really expecting much but I like the Wolfenstein games so had to have it.

Graphics are smooth and not an issue really but it does have the old look to it. There are bits where the gameplay goes into a pre-rendered sequence and it seems sudden and a little out of place.

The major issue really is the AI and things like that.. an example: I cleared out a room that was probably 6 feet wide and 20 feet long.. I went outside and got shot in that back as 3 AI soldiers were shooting out of the door from the room I just cleared!

Having said all of this it's a no brainer blast from the past you are after and don't mind paying the price then you may like it.. I haven't really felt like putting it down and no doubt will have it finished by the weekend :)

I'm going to wait for reviews, if it gets average 8 and doesn't stink I'll nip to Tesco, won't bother with psn, it'll take a year to download lol sure Tesco will have copy for ps4 come tomorrow lunch time after reviews drop ..

Back
Top Bottom