*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Man of Honour
I'm getting an Xbox one in part for the media aspect (I use xbox music/zune) and don't really play console games much. I have a wii u for mario kart which is great but mostly PC and haven't bought new games for a good while.

It's a shame to have it and not have a couple of games for it. What are the must haves that are better with a controller and TV (50 inch) than on the PC? I like FPS, adventure/RPG but I'm pretty open minded. Not really into driving games other than mario. Thanks!

Soldato
Skidder, the master chief collection that RedStarRiot mentioned would be a great buy especially if you have never played Halo before.

Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation are two others that come highly recommended.

Associate
Bought the Xbox One bundle from a GAME store for £350 with AC4/Unity, Forza 5 and Halo included but will sell the AC codes as I have completed them on the PS4.

Also bought Forza Horizon 2 from Tesco for £32 so that's my Christmas shopping done :D Might pick up Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive near the new year.

Soldato
Bought the Xbox One bundle from a GAME store for £350 with AC4/Unity, Forza 5 and Halo included but will sell the AC codes as I have completed them on the PS4.

I've seen them doing this for £320 now so you might want to see if you can get that £30 back. Not sure if its online only though.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Also bought Forza Horizon 2 from Tesco for £32 so that's my Christmas shopping done :D Might pick up Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive near the new year.

Dead rising 3 is great fun.

Associate
I've seen them doing this for £320 now so you might want to see if you can get that £30 back. Not sure if its online only though.

Re-reading this, I could argue the point to them that I originally wanted to use their XBOXXMAS code but the deal had expired, so I bought it instore for £350 only to find they reduce it again later on.

Worth a try, if you don't ask you don't get.

Associate
Is Game doing the £320 deal in store as well?

They weren't when I checked, but neither was their website. It's the ONLY reason I went for it instore, otherwise I would have happily waited for delivery. It's really annoying for them to have it for £320 on Thursday as a "today only deal" then resume it later that Friday..

Soldato
Cheapest place under £25 to pick up some xbl for a year? Thats legit. If not ill wait till sales as one toy stores dropping there price to 24 for a years xbl :)

Soldato
cdkeys.com ;) also like them on facebook and get another 5% off :D

Thankyou Kind Sir :D

Also anyone know cheapest place to grab GTA V :) Pre-owned or new today.. or for click and collect in few days

Just looking now possibly Smyths with my girlfriends discount tbh.

Last edited:
Associate
Unfortunately can't get the difference back which is annoying as I expected the £320 price to be Thursday only, not for them to resume it as a different deal a day later, but whatever I'm happy with my purchase..

Associate
Not really sold on the Xbox One, think I made a bit of a rash decision. Don't really want to return it to GAME as I've used the Forza code, so might just stick it on eBay unless this forum has a selling section and someone is interested in a console with halo and horizon 2.

Space is a bit of a problem in my room and I feel its a bit of a waste splashing money on a second console when I was fine with one.

Probably make a loss with fees on eBay though, maybe I'll give this a few days to think.

Soldato
Not really sold on the Xbox One, think I made a bit of a rash decision. Don't really want to return it to GAME as I've used the Forza code, so might just stick it on eBay unless this forum has a selling section and someone is interested in a console with halo and horizon 2.

Space is a bit of a problem in my room and I feel its a bit of a waste splashing money on a second console when I was fine with one.

Probably make a loss with fees on eBay though, maybe I'll give this a few days to think.

What don't you like. Have u a ps4??

Back
Top Bottom