*** The OS X Lion Thread ***

Associate
The only thing that's really getting on my wick is the fact that if I close my MBP whilst im doing an auto backup to my time capsule when I reopen it my net stops working.

This is a bug easily reproduced and is on the apple support forums. The problem is that it's so easily done now fullscreen apps are the new trend.

Soldato
I'm brand new to the Mac world and my MacBook Pro was updated from SL to Lion as soon as it came out of the box, so I have no comparison, but I love Lion so far.

Associate
I have had no issues with Lion at all to what people were complaining about. I think when your used to one system and you go to another it's a learning curve for the new features.

Don't think thats the case to be honest, my LG nas drive stopped working with lion and still won't and it took ages to sort my Apple time capsule so it would work in Lion. Other programs I just had to wait for updates.

Associate
I wish Google would hurry up and fix Chrome so the gestures work properly with it i.e. the same ones as you can use in Safari.

Associate
Well it's been a while for me for posting on this forum.

I've held out as long as I could before upgrading to Lion. When I first heard about all the new features I couldn't wait to use it. But then when I saw what it was going to be like I couldn't stand it.

Well fast forward to this weekend where I bought a new HDD. I downloaded Lion and stuck on my new drive to see if I could live with it and I can honestly say it's awesome. Having only used it for a day I haven't come across any issues yet, but I'm sure I will.

Anyway, time to get involved in the forum again.

Soldato
Yeah, i'm liking it a lot now. Don't think i can go back.

All they need to do for me is to sort out this graphical glitch when using full screen apps. I have stopped using applications full screen now due to the glitch. Glitch in question is to do with performance, becomes very buggy and laggy if I'm switching between full screen apps and normal applications.

Associate
I've not had that problem, although saying that I've only been running Lion for about 27 hours now. I thought I'd be complaining about loads of stuff but I haven't got a complaint so far. :)

Associate
Even though Lion is out I booked myself on a SL course where I work as I have to officially support them. Fully paid by the company though. £500 a day over 2 days.

I'd like to do a Mac OS X qualification at some point. Might have to soon as I'm slowly becoming the Mac guy at work. :)

Permabanned
I'd like to do a Mac OS X qualification at some point. Might have to soon as I'm slowly becoming the Mac guy at work. :)

I have done part one but it's basic things like partitions, user accounts, permissions, OSX restore, docks, icons, Preferences, Mail, Software, workstation renaming e.t.c.

I have to go to Part 2 which is domain controlling in September time.

Associate
I have done part one but it's basic things like partitions, user accounts, permissions, OSX restore, docks, icons, Preferences, Mail, Software, workstation renaming e.t.c.

I have to go to Part 2 which is domain controlling in September time.

Sounds awesome. All the basic stuff I can safely say I can do, and I domain work every day on Windows, that's my job. But because the company I'm with is expanding and I'm the one guy there on the team of three that owns a Mac I'm now the Mac guy when we get one in. It might be something to look into soon for me.

Permabanned
Sounds awesome. All the basic stuff I can safely say I can do, and I domain work every day on Windows, that's my job. But because the company I'm with is expanding and I'm the one guy there on the team of three that owns a Mac I'm now the Mac guy when we get one in. It might be something to look into soon for me.

To be honest with you mate it's windows really with different acronyms and different gui's. It's the exactly same concept of it all really. Windows/Linux/OSX/WebOS/iOS e.t.c!

Associate
To be honest with you mate it's windows really with different acronyms and different gui's. It's the exactly same concept of it all really. Windows/Linux/OSX/WebOS/iOS e.t.c!

I guessed it would be, I think I'd just like to get to grips with how it's done on the Mac. I may have the opportunity to either start Mac support or move onto where I can take on the Mac support of a site. I think I'll just need to have a play with a Mac network and get to grips with it.

Associate
Well, after using my Unibody MacBook for a week with Lion I can safely say I'm having no problems.

My new 7200 RPM 500GB HDD is great, although I have noticed that it's still running slightly sluggish, but I think that's down to how old the hardware is now. Might look into a memory upgrade soon. Found some for cheap.

How is everyone else finding it?

Soldato
I did a yearly reformat yesterday since being on the same install for well over a year. It's made one heck of a difference and installing Lion from a USB stick was painless.

One day i'll do a full 7 pass zero out but at the moment 1 pass seems fine.

Everything is just much more snappy now.

Back
Top Bottom