*** The OS X Lion Thread ***

Permabanned
10.7.1 is out

The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion
Resolve an issue where MacBook Air may boot up when MagSafe Adapter is attached
Resolve an issue causing intermittent display flickering on MacBook Air
Resolve an issue that causes the SD card slot in Mac mini to run at reduced speed with SD and SDHC media
For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4764.

L33

L33

Permabanned
Hope this fixes the annoying volume/headphone jack issues with 13" MBPs, irritated the hell out of me for the last month. Fingers crossed

Soldato
Annoying posts are annoying:

Hope this fixes the annoying volume/headphone jack issues with 13" MBPs, irritated the hell out of me for the last month. Fingers crossed

Not read my post above then?

17mb why the hell did it take so long

I think because they are so close to releasing 10.7.2 which will probably house it all. 17mb won't fix anything and lets face it theres a lot to be tweaked.

I really don't see the file size as being a good indicator of the number of issues addressed. Issues could be caused by a single incorrect string in a .plist file which is a few kb big which simply needs replacing, or a binary that needs a small patch applied.

See also: Delta updates :rolleyes:

Soldato
I've just turned off that leave windows open as you left them thing.

Was really getting on my nerves that every time I opened preview the document I was using two weeks ago is still there.

Also tempted to sell my Magic Trackpad, as I really don't think it adds anything to the experience.

iOS should not head to desktops :(

Soldato
Is it the natural scrolling in Lion or the Trackpad itself that you don't like?

Trackpad is awesome far better expeirence than with a mouse pre lion or not :)

Lack of accuracy with a trackpad.

I can do things quicker and more accurately with my magic mouse than I can with the trackpad.

For example, just hitting the edit button takes a few attempts, hit it first time, every time with the mouse.

I use the trackpad on my MBP but then I don't do anything photoshoppy on that :/

If it wasn't for the fact the gestures are not quite as slick on the MM i'd have got shot of it days ago.

Question is, are the gestures *really* worth £52!?!

Using it in InDesign was just wrong :/

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick question, on Lion it was possible that when I X'd out of safari it would run in the background and keep all my tabs with the sites I'm viewing open. Now when I click X it and start safari again without quitting the application, it goes to the Apple homepage. I remember clicking a option in system preferences but cannot remember where, can someone help me?

EDIT: Nevermind, Fixed it now. They seem to only restore when I quit the App, and not when I click X and relaunch from the dock, weird that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't understand all this whinging about Lion, what's the problem, everything on my iMac that worked with SL works with Lion, not found one single fault yet.

Soldato
Just tried to download an app at the App Store...

20110825-kk4uunmcr67fgtnugfjn678rtr.jpg

Damn... :p

Lack of accuracy with a trackpad.

I can do things quicker and more accurately with my magic mouse than I can with the trackpad.

For example, just hitting the edit button takes a few attempts, hit it first time, every time with the mouse.

I use the trackpad on my MBP but then I don't do anything photoshoppy on that :/

If it wasn't for the fact the gestures are not quite as slick on the MM i'd have got shot of it days ago.

Question is, are the gestures *really* worth £52!?!

Using it in InDesign was just wrong :/

I'm the same.
Trackpad is great but its still no where near quick enough or precise enough to replace the magic mouse which I think is an amazing device! The only thing I like about the trackpad is that you can rotate canvases on photoshop with a rotate gesture.

Back
Top Bottom