The Predator (2018)

Soldato
Seen a bunch of reviews since it's showing at TIFF, takeaway comments:

- Nothing like any of the previous predator movies.
- It's more comedy than action "it's what Iron Man 3 would have been if Shane Black could have added more comedy"
- It's got more gore than any other movie in the franchise...
- but...that's removed by the comedic tone so the violence and gore has little/no impact.

I was kind of hoping secretly this might be good, reviewers could be wrong though.

Soldato
One thing I noticed from all the Trailers so far is that the vast majority of the Predator scenes are, just like AVP:Requiem, set in the dark which usually means they aren't very confident of the creature effects, which has me slightly worried.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’d post the quote from Shane Black where he stated it should be an R rating, but I can’t be arsed.

Doesn’t surprise me it’s a watered down cheese fest :rolleyes:

Soldato
Just saw the trailer and what a let down. I hope I am wrong and the movie is better but i just don't think so.

How you can take such great movie series and go so down hill is baffling. The music and movies produced now pales in comparison to what the 80's and 90's was producing.

the suspense is gone, you know just hard bad ass men in a jungle hunted one by one by something very scary and unknown.

Terminator series went down hill after terminator 2
Alien series went down hill with that Prometheus nonsense and then they went one better with alien covenant lol what terrible movie.
Now the predator has followed the other two epic sci-fi films, really should have expected it tbh.

I remember watching predator 1 and 2 and been blown away, what great movies and lets not forget aliens and alien just a masterpiece. I watched all these very recently again for like the millionth time and they are still amazing movies after all this time.

Associate
Caporegime
I saw Predator when I was about 9 or 10 on ITV...of course a boy would want to see it!

I watched it in 4K last night and I could remember the exact moments where they put the advert breaks in! I must have recorded it off the TV and watched it a lot.

Associate
I saw Predator when I was about 9 or 10 on ITV...of course a boy would want to see it!

Your right, I was the same, watched Aliens was I was 8 and loved it, but as a parent you have to be the responsible one (unfortunately) and know that a 15 rated film is not something a 10yr old should be watching...
and that it's sad that a once decent horror/action franchise has turned into films 10 yr old's would find amusing..

Caporegime
I'd be the same - It's still double standards though :)

My dad rented Robocop for me from the local video store when I was 8. If I had an 8 year old son I wouldn't let them watch a film like that and yet it didn't do me any harm.

Associate
My dad rented Robocop for me from the local video store when I was 8. If I had an 8 year old son I wouldn't let them watch a film like that and yet it didn't do me any harm.

My dad was similar, let me watch practically any action film but always remember watching the original Terminator film, and we had to skip passed the sex scene haha

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Watched the original predator last night and some of Pred 2.

Still chuckle at the scene where they waste all their ammo firing blindly in to the jungle with the mini gun :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'd never really noticed Arnie not holding his gun the way a soldier would before, but I watched this at the weekend:

Great review, thanks for sharing.

Listened to it in the gym and burst out laughing at the line “this was the movie that taught everyone how to do an Arnie impression” :D

Back
Top Bottom