• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
This^

With everything maxed and Image quality @100% using 2160p memory was just under 6gb.

heguXsM.jpg

With the above settings but with image quality @200% which I think is the same as running the game @8k memory is 14.5gb.

mVo6yGM.jpg

I don't think anyone is going to want to run the game with 200%(8k) image quality as the fps are a bit low.
I class that as a "setting" and maxing it would be 200%, no ?

Caporegime
I class that as a "setting" and maxing it would be 200%, no ?
Just realised i forgot to show the settings used in the 4k video, but they were same as the 3440x1440 video in which i do show the settings, except the resolution was increased to 4K.

Image quality was at 100%, no point trying to render the game at 8K as the FPS would be unplayable.

Soldato
Just realised i forgot to show the settings used in the 4k video, but they were same as the 3440x1440 video in which i do show the settings, except the resolution was increased to 4K.

Image quality was at 100%, no point trying to render the game at 8K as the FPS would be unplayable.
Then it's not on max settings.

And like i said it uses 14gb, I wasn't born yesterday in fortnite and bought a pc from amazon pre built

Soldato
Then it's not on max settings lol,

Super sampling isn't classed as a video setting. When was the last time you selected Ultra pre-set for the game to then increase the render resolution past 100%?

4k maxed out video settings at 100% render is in fact maxed out!

Its no different than me selecting 8k resolution maxed out video settings with 100% render

Its still maxed out!

Soldato
Super sampling isn't classed as a video setting. When was the last time you selected Ultra pre-set for the game to then increase the render resolution past 100%?

4k maxed out video settings at 100% render is in fact maxed out!

Its no different than me selecting 8k resolution maxed out video settings with 100% render

Its still maxed out!
Of course it is.. otherwise why is it there? When you can no longer increase the resolution you put the scale up, like when i played the demo I was on 1440p with %150 image quality. Do I describe that to others as "over" max settings ? No, 1440p and 200% would be MAX settings for 1440p

Caporegime
Then it's not on max settings.

And like i said it uses 14gb, I wasn't born yesterday in fortnite and bought a pc from amazon pre built
Okay then.

What's the best driver to use for Vega 64?
How are people getting on with 19.1.1?
Cheers
19.1.1 contains the latest performance optimisations so i would use that if performance is important to you.

Soldato
Of course it is.. otherwise why is it there? When you can no longer increase the resolution you put the scale up, like when i played the demo I was on 1440p with %150 image quality. Do I describe that to others as "over" max settings ? No, 1440p and 200% would be MAX settings for 1440p

Its there because of PC gaming :D Freedom for the user to increase his/her render resolution without buying another monitor if you have the power to do so.

Its no different than me buying an 8K monitor, its no different that me enabling DSR

Its a render resolution and that is that.

Video graphic settings are there own pre-sets. Ultra is ultra

Soldato
@Illuminist
So basically you saying this.

What is the highest resolution you can buy now 8k? I game at 1440p on PC so what you saying I can never max out any off my games! Because I can not render at the highest resolution available. My VEGA 64 most defo can not do 8k playable so I might has well give up now I cant max out games on PC!

LOL

You sir are funny.

Associate
Hello there!

New to the forum. Got a NITRO+ a few months ago, and I've been getting BSODs, particularly on Black Ops 4 but it can happen on the desktop too. What I've tried:
  • Reverting to older drivers
  • Switching VBIOS
  • Updating/downgrading motherboard BIOS (Some seem more stable than others...?)
  • Monitoring temperatures (Hot spot gets to 91C, rest of the core 73C)
I'm currently trying -50% power limit with the second VBIOS, to see if it's an issue with wattage. Here are my specs. I think it's worth noting my previous GPU was an R9 Fury, which I aggressively undervolted but I had no BSODs with.

I get all sorts of stop codes:
Code:
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I really hope it's not my PSU wattage - I don't have another on hand to test. I'm honestly not sure what else it could be though.

Soldato
Hello there!

New to the forum. Got a NITRO+ a few months ago, and I've been getting BSODs, particularly on Black Ops 4 but it can happen on the desktop too. What I've tried:
  • Reverting to older drivers
  • Switching VBIOS
  • Updating/downgrading motherboard BIOS (Some seem more stable than others...?)
  • Monitoring temperatures (Hot spot gets to 91C, rest of the core 73C)
I'm currently trying -50% power limit with the second VBIOS, to see if it's an issue with wattage. Here are my specs. I think it's worth noting my previous GPU was an R9 Fury, which I aggressively undervolted but I had no BSODs with.

I get all sorts of stop codes:
Code:
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I really hope it's not my PSU wattage - I don't have another on hand to test. I'm honestly not sure what else it could be though.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is very common when you have RAM that is either failing or not setup correct timings/voltage etc

Do you have the BSOD error code?

I would download MEMtest64 and leave it running over night.

Associate
Do you have the BSOD error code?

Went into Application logs in Event Viewer hopefully I'm getting the right thing.
Code:
Faulting application name: WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.e, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x5b9c5a06
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17763.194, time stamp: 0xe8b54827
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000a6848
Faulting process ID: 0x75c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4aea4b400f36f
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\InputApp_cw5n1h2txyewy\WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 883b3730-d855-45cd-b8ef-5340a3b31b24
Faulting package full name: InputApp_1000.17763.1.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Soldato
Went into Application logs in Event Viewer hopefully I'm getting the right thing.
Code:
Faulting application name: WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.e, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x5b9c5a06
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.17763.194, time stamp: 0xe8b54827
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000a6848
Faulting process ID: 0x75c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4aea4b400f36f
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\InputApp_cw5n1h2txyewy\WindowsInternal.ComposableShell.Experiences.TextInput.InputApp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 883b3730-d855-45cd-b8ef-5340a3b31b24
Faulting package full name: InputApp_1000.17763.1.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Can you download Blue screen view
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview_setup.exe

And post a screenshot of the list of BSOD that should come up.

Soldato
@Supra-MD
Do you overclock the CPU?

The BSOD error code you getting is quite common from overclocking and requires a touch more tweaking. It can also be from like I said earlier RAM related.

0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary, can also be unstable Ram, raise Ram voltage

Back
Top Bottom