• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Permabanned
Well I have an air that says it is a c1 but it doesn't oc well at all it runs 1670 at 1.18v

There's a lot of variance going from one card to another,
I don't have all the gear to test yet. Currently both my monitors suffer from a problem (one has a black deficiency and the other has problem with green intensity being continually maxed out). New monitors will be bought soon though (Nov I think).

You didn't answer my question when you said your air cooled card was a C0 chip, Are you sure and have you done a bio's change as others who've done so have seen the C1 shown as a C0 on the new bio's?

Last edited:
Associate
Heya, I'm wondering if anyone else has the same GPU temperatures on Vega 64 as me?

I have purchased a Sapphire Vega 64 AIO, replaced the cooling for an EK FC block and a backplate. In my loop I have a Ryzen 1700 on 3.8GHz, the Vega and for cooling a 420mm UT60 Alphacool radiator.

When I run Furmark stress test 1080p, I can see 55-60C temperature on the GPU, on gaming I can see 55-64C which is a bit odd, the water in the system stays below 30C.

Can you share your GPU temps please with the same tests like Furmark 1080 8x MSAA, The Division on 1440p or in general gaming, I just want to find out if this is normal, or I just did something wrong, so I can refit the block.

Thanks!

Soldato
It's using the AIO yes.

Which video are you referring to, I've uploaded a few for BF1?

This one Matt

You score twice as much FPS over others with 7700K @ 5ghz and 7820X @ 4.3Ghz with Vega, while playing online. (not the benchmark).
While you score the same FPS as some reviews using GTX1080ti, and various Intel CPUs. Like 7820X or 5960X.

(FYI My 1800X is up and running and IMC looks good, 3600Mhz ram profile on the CH6 works fine with my 3600mhz ram).

Permabanned
I'll double check when I next switch BIOS.

Don't bother.

56 bios reads c3, 64 bios reads c1, LC BIOS reads c0

That's what I thought too but I posted about why I think the C0 chip was not being used in the air cooler cards and was immediately told I'm wrong as he has an air cooled card with a C0 chip. I thought that can't be right, I wonder where the C2 revision went?

Associate
Hello everyone, hope you're all having a great time. I am new here, could totally use some help with my Sapphire RX V64 Liquid Cooled.

I'm having a similar problem like people reporting in previous threads (sorry haven't been able to go through all of them). My card just crashes if I switch from Balanced/Turbo to Manual, without making any changes. It runs JUST FINE even in Turbo mode.

Is this "Expected Behavior"? I'm kinda feeling gutted not getting the ONLY thing (higher clocks) for which I paid so much. I'm linking my Reddit Thread for people who need more information.

Also I've noticed often that when I set manual voltages, for e.g P7 - 1.17V, in-game it will never go there even once, and stick around 1.12/14V. But when I run it at Balanced/ Turbo the card has a lot of 1.18+V peaks w/ your normal vDroops (?) . This doesn't happen all the time. I have the Corsair Ax760i, which "should" be MORE THAN ENOUGH for this card even with the +50% PL provided I get even a -10mV Undervolt.

My card Stepping is C0

The best I've been able to get is (with +50% PL and 1100 MHz HBM2 clock)

1) P6 - 1632 MHz / 1100 mV

2) P7 - 1710 MHz/ 1160(70) mV

I would really appreciate all the help I could get. I am not so triggerhappy with returning for RMA because I don't want to go through all this trouble and get another card with the same problem.

Thank you again and hope we all get a solution to this. A card crashing at it's stock state is kind of unacceptable.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hello everyone, hope you're all having a great time. I am new here, could totally use some help with my Sapphire RX V64 Liquid Cooled.

I'm having a similar problem like people reporting in previous threads (sorry haven't been able to go through all of them). My card just crashes if I switch from Balanced/Turbo to Manual, without making any changes. It runs JUST FINE even in Turbo mode.

Is this "Expected Behavior"? I'm kinda feeling gutted not getting the ONLY thing (higher clocks) for which I paid so much. I'm linking my Reddit Thread for people who need more information.

Also I've noticed often that when I set manual voltages, for e.g P7 - 1.17V, in-game it will never go there even once, and stick around 1.12/14V. But when I run it at Balanced/ Turbo the card has a lot of 1.18+V peaks w/ your normal vDroops (?) . This doesn't happen all the time. I have the Corsair Ax760i, which "should" be MORE THAN ENOUGH for this card even with the +50% PL provided I get even a -10mV Undervolt.

My card Stepping is C0

The best I've been able to get is (with +50% PL and 1100 MHz HBM2 clock)

1) P6 - 1632 MHz / 1100 mV

2) P7 - 1710 MHz/ 1160(70) mV

I would really appreciate all the help I could get. I am not so triggerhappy with returning for RMA because I don't want to go through all this trouble and get another card with the same problem.

Thank you again and hope we all get a solution to this. A card crashing at it's stock state is kind of unacceptable.

Hello & Welcome, You're quite right it is unacceptable, especially at the prices we're forced to pay. I ended up returning my Vega AIO but hopefully someone who still has one can give you a few tips to try, good luck.

Soldato
I thought Furmark was a no no for testing as it had a tendency to break cards?

I have a suspicion that Furmark is why AMD and Nvidia have power limits now.

They saw it as a destructive power virus overloading the cards in an unrealistic way, obviously more than any game.

They also saw people whine that the cards should be built to handle any load it was given. So next cards have power limits so Furmark can't screw with them anymore.

Correct if I'm wrong, going by loose memory. Sounds about right though.

Soldato
New Windows update adds GPU to task manager :D "Not my Image"
81265e2481fc2689f39930ee27a04ece.png

Caporegime
Has the new update officially launched? I don't seem to have an updates via Windows Update. Once it is officially launched, i like to do a clean Windows install via USB.

EDIT

I tell a lie, looks to be downloading now.

Associate
Hello & Welcome, You're quite right it is unacceptable, especially at the prices we're forced to pay. I ended up returning my Vega AIO but hopefully someone who still has one can give you a few tips to try, good luck.

I've contacted my retailer PrimeABGB (India) describing this issue, and was asked to send an e-mail to their RMA dept. and they will forward it to AMD. Still gutted about this though. If I wanted 1650 MHz, I wouldn't need an AIO for that. The sole reason I paid the premium for the LC is so I can push this architecture to it's limits (as much as the AIO allows).

Let's see what they respond with. Really hoping for a fix here. I'm unable to overclock my rock-stable 1100 MHz HBM because of this very issue and am forced to go for compromising undervolts.

Permabanned
I've contacted my retailer PrimeABGB (India) describing this issue, and was asked to send an e-mail to their RMA dept. and they will forward it to AMD. Still gutted about this though. If I wanted 1650 MHz, I wouldn't need an AIO for that. The sole reason I paid the premium for the LC is so I can push this architecture to it's limits (as much as the AIO allows).

Let's see what they respond with. Really hoping for a fix here. I'm unable to overclock my rock-stable 1100 MHz HBM because of this very issue and am forced to go for compromising undervolts.

I hope you get a good response.

Still loving this RX Vega, cant fault it. Feels weird not switching hardware every 5 mins xD

Since R7 1700, and RX VEGA been strangely content with my PC.. What has happened ...

I'm now running a 1600x which is doing a great job so all I need is a decent aftermarket Vega 64 and then I'm finally running an all AMD gaming PC again, The last time I did it was with a quad core Phenom II and HD 5770. I'm going to replace the cpu with an 8 core when the next Ryzen gen lands, I'm kinda happy it won't require a new motherboard like each of my last 3 Intel upgrades have.

Caporegime
Honest answers please. How do people find V64 reference for sound? My 290X is absolutely unbearable, to the point I've stopped playing games now. Some E-tailers are taking a hit to get rid of the stock already, so I'm happy at the price at which I can get a limited edition V64 for and intend to. But not if it's going to sound just like the 290X.

Soldato
Honest answers please. How do people find V64 reference for sound? My 290X is absolutely unbearable, to the point I've stopped playing games now. Some E-tailers are taking a hit to get rid of the stock already, so I'm happy at the price at which I can get a limited edition V64 for and intend to. But not if it's going to sound just like the 290X.

My stock air cooled V64 was only bearable when undervolted. .900mV on all voltage settings gave me about 1425 core clock at 75 - 77c with 2300 RPM. It was bearable but in the end I installed a modded Kraken G10 with H110 but only because I already had them sitting around.

V64 is much quieter than 290X reference when V64 is undervolted.

Caporegime
My stock air cooled V64 was only bearable when undervolted. .900mV on all voltage settings gave me about 1425 core clock at 75 - 77c with 2300 RPM. It was bearable but in the end I installed a modded Kraken G10 with H110 but only because I already had them sitting around.

V64 is much quieter than 290X reference when V64 is undervolted.

At 1425 core I imagine it's no where near as fast as it could be.

I'm pretty desperate to upgrade, while I'm happy with the performance V64 can offer, especially overclocked etc. I just don't know if I can accept the noise.

2 months in and no AIB models, not even pre-orders.

Back
Top Bottom