• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Trying to set overclock on Ryzen 5 3600 with b450 pro carbon, any recommendations. Tried 4.1, and 4.2 but when run cinebench computer just crashes and restarts.
I just use Ryzen Master. Set all cores to say 4.1GHz and start from 1.275v. If it crashes just keep adding 0.125v until stable then once you find that try 4.2GHz on all cores and do the same.

Make sure you have things on default in the bios. Some people leave pbo on and then try to overclock which I do not think helps.

It could be though you got unlucky with the silicon lottery and have a turd of a chip.

Associate
I just use Ryzen Master. Set all cores to say 4.1GHz and start from 1.275v. If it crashes just keep adding 0.125v until stable then once you find that try 4.2GHz on all cores and do the same.

Make sure you have things on default in the bios. Some people leave pbo on and then try to overclock which I do not think helps.

It could be though you got unlucky with the silicon lottery and have a turd of a chip.

What sort of temperatures would you say is acceptable?

Also does anyone know how i could undervolted but keep steady core clock? Running the stock cooler afraid of high temps lol:(

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yeah sorted that didn't realise lol passed Cinebench with 4.1GHZ with 1.3375v.

What you reckon?
I feel like you are better of just leaving it on stock settings or try PBO as that is a load of volts for only 4.1GHz. I get 4.4GHz all core OC at 1.275v and pass cinebench with easy at 4.5GHz with 1.3v.

Soldato
there goes my christmas build, i had what i thought was a ryzen 3600 arrive earlier from a different place and i was gutted to find out some utter **** had some how switched out the nice shiny processor with some old intel i5 5500 or was it a 6500 i was to enraged and having a meltdown to remember correctly...... :(

the place won't refund untill they have it returned :(

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So got my 8Pack B-Die RAM. I first put in the Ryzen DRAM Calculator SAFE 3600 settings which worked without an issue and passed 4 runs of memtest. Then decided to see if I can copy the FAST settings but leaving the CAS at 16 and Voltage at 1.35v which helped scores quite a bit. I have yet to do a full memtest run on this setting but a quick run did not show any errors.

AIDA64 latency with these settings is 65.2ns

Does anyone know how to exactly work out what Trfc2 and Trfc4 on Ryzen DRAM Calculator? All that shows is trfc and trfc (alt), what does alt mean exactly? I left mine on auto so they are loose. Maybe @zx128k knows or has any other tips?

3600-FAST-CL16-1-35v.png

RAM-Settings.png

Soldato
how is this looking for temps? hiodGAP.png

just running stock and my first ryzen build, i added a noctua fan to the back of my gammaax deepcool heat sink and added another noctua to the front of the case, i seem to hit mid 60's on gaming and up to 76 on the aida stability test, not sure how it will handle warmer weather, might get new cooler :)

used as5 thermal stuff had a unused 3 year old tube and system fan one is on the back of my cpu cooler :)

using this case https://www.overclockers.co.uk/fractal-design-define-r4-midi-tower-case-black-window-ca-038-fd.html

Last edited:
Associate
how is this looking for temps? hiodGAP.png

just running stock and my first ryzen build, i added a noctua fan to the back of my gammaax deepcool heat sink and added another noctua to the front of the case, i seem to hit mid 60's on gaming and up to 76 on the aida stability test, not sure how it will handle warmer weather, might get new cooler :)

used as5 thermal stuff had a unused 3 year old tube :)

using this case https://www.overclockers.co.uk/fractal-design-define-r4-midi-tower-case-black-window-ca-038-fd.html

Not bad. Seems normal. You can try to undervolt. Say -0.03v. It should still boost to 4.2GHz in two or more cores. Use HWINFO64.

Soldato
Not bad. Seems normal. You can try to undervolt. Say -0.03v. It should still boost to 4.2GHz in two or more cores. Use HWINFO64.

phew i was stressing out about it's temps thank you for the info :D

also if i was to say undervolt what exact option would i be tweaking on a tomahawk max board and changing to what? sorry im not good with numbers and im autistic and im drunk :)

heres the other monitoring software u recomended :)

xNDiFJY.png

Last edited:
Soldato
phew i was stressing out about it's temps thank you for the info :D

also if i was to say undervolt what exact option would i be tweaking on a tomahawk max board and changing to what? sorry im not good with numbers and im autistic and im drunk :)

heres the other monitoring software u recomended :)

xNDiFJY.png

I'd say just leave as it is and you don't want to balls anything up, temps are perfectly fine.

Soldato
cool thanks for the advice, im deffo leaving it for the time been, might put up a spec me a cooler thread in the summer, for now im happy if they temps are normal :)

is it true that these 3600 cpus have about 60 temp sensors and they only report the hottest one including the hot spot?

came from a 6600k i5 thats why i was worried a bit :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom