• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

Caporegime
ak, just taken an order of a 3600X and a B450 Arous pro (gigabyte) along with some corsair vengeance 3200Mhz ram and the damn thing constantly reboots :(

On first boot the BIOS will go through Memory Training Cycles, so it will reset post sevral times before it boots into windows, maybe 5 or 6 times. when you turn it on let it post cycle for a few minutes.

Pet Northerner
Don
On first boot the BIOS will go through Memory Training Cycles, so it will reset post sevral times before it boots into windows, maybe 5 or 6 times. when you turn it on let it post cycle for a few minutes.

oh it's nothing like that. It may well have done this - but I'm talking about the windows installer barely able to finish after a clean reboot. Once I get to windows I get between a second and about 10 minutes before a reboot with no event logs :( (apart from the previous boot being unexpected)

Caporegime
oh it's nothing like that. It may well have done this - but I'm talking about the windows installer barely able to finish after a clean reboot. Once I get to windows I get between a second and about 10 minutes before a reboot with no event logs :( (apart from the previous boot being unexpected)

That's an odd one. can you film it on your phone?

Caporegime
5700xt nitro.

I'm wondering if it might be great related. Stock fan keeps ramping like a Hoover

It might be but the 3600 box cooler is not great, it is just a box cooler and the fan on it is known to ramp up and down noisily. it could be that you don't have it seated properly.

Also, AMD GPU drivers are frankly junk at the moment, they are known to leave the fans sitting idle while the GPU boils, the 5700XT is a good GPU but AMD really need to sort their broken #### out.

Install this, its free, keep your eye on CPU and GPU temps.....

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Pet Northerner
Don
I've kept my eye on that. The 5700Xt is yet to get under load, as the black screen reboots happen randomly in Windows. CPU is between 40 and 70 , depending on if it's doing anything.

Would the nvme be at fault? I would have imagined windows to log errors if the file structure was borfed?

Soldato
I've kept my eye on that. The 5700Xt is yet to get under load, as the black screen reboots happen randomly in Windows.

Would the nvme be at fault? I would have imagined windows to log errors if the file structure was borfed?

Have you applied XMP / DOCP to the memory? Or is everything at stock? You've installed all the chipset drivers as well?

Associate
I looked again at my results and I did find it strange my single core is fine. You know I think this is simply temps. All core 65c cinebench might be ok but someone else on reddit says limits start to kick in around 65-70c which is what I'm getting. I think if I used a good aftermarket cooler I would see different results so I'm happy right now. Just to clarify. Is cinebench all core supposed to draw like 1.378v? My single core draws over 1.46v! https://i.imgur.com/2mHDqLN.png

Also about the SOC 1.3v thing. I noticed if I set "Load Optimized Defaults" and went into Ryzen Master I'd obviously have 2133Mhz RAM but the SOC was 1.025v. The second I enable DOCP and booted back in to Windows, the SOC went to 1.3v

I have a feeling the board doesn't expect 3600Mhz RAM, and this is confusing it to go higher. It might be ok on 3200Mhz or so.

Edit: Might be a bug in Master? https://i.imgur.com/8xsNtPI.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
I looked again at my results and I did find it strange my single core is fine. You know I think this is simply temps. All core 65c cinebench might be ok but someone else on reddit says limits start to kick in around 65-70c which is what I'm getting. I think if I used a good aftermarket cooler I would see different results so I'm happy right now. Just to clarify. Is cinebench all core supposed to draw like 1.378v? My single core draws over 1.46v! https://i.imgur.com/2mHDqLN.png

Also about the SOC 1.3v thing. I noticed if I set "Load Optimized Defaults" and went into Ryzen Master I'd obviously have 2133Mhz RAM but the SOC was 1.025v. The second I enable DOCP and booted back in to Windows, the SOC went to 1.3v

I have a feeling the board doesn't expect 3600Mhz RAM, and this is confusing it to go higher. It might be ok on 3200Mhz or so.

Edit: Might be a bug in Master? https://i.imgur.com/8xsNtPI.png

1.46v single core is normal.

3600Mhz should be fine with that board, I guess HWInfo is reading 1.1 SOC then i guess RM is wrong, just make sure its set to 1.1v in the BIOS.

Soldato
I bought the 3600 last week and have been messing around with it. It can handle 4.2 all core at 1.3125v and today I decided I’d mess some more. I have just tried 4.3 @ 1.325v and so far that’s been fine with 1 Cinebench r20 run so I need to do more testing there.

But one thing I’ve noticed at this sped/voltage is the idle temp seems to fluctuate less.

I’ll pop up town now and leave a stress test running to see if 4.3 is stable (I did briefly try 4.4 at 1.35v but that rebooted the PC).

Caporegime

Interesting, Do some trouble shooting, set the RAM at stock if you haven't already and run that again.

Next take out one stick and run it with just the one stick in, put that stick back and take the other out, run it again, then put that stick in the other 3 slots.

What you are looking for is a defective stick or a defective slot, if you still see this issue after you have done all that send the CPU and / or Motherboard back on RMA.

Holw long have you had the CPU, MB and RAM?

Back
Top Bottom