• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ryzen 5 3600 Discussion Thread

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Would recommend trying settings in ryzen master first, then when found good working set, enter into bios.
Else you may have to short pins etc to reset bios on failed boot.
Yep, that is what I did. Everything was first done on that for a few months then keyed into BIOS.

Associate
Its not rocket science mate. Go in BIOS and type in 1.275v for voltage, then type in the multiplier. Start with 42, then go 43 and then 44, hell even try 45 :D

Mine actually works on 45, but needs over 1.3v so I don't bother with it.

I'm currently 4.2 all core @ 1.280 as 1.275 would change it to 1.270. but it still stays at 1.275 according to HWiNFO.

Just had a couple of hours in civ6 seems stable enough, going to try 4.3 after a couple more tests, I'm so glad I didn't get the XT CPU bug lol this will do me til 4xxx

Thanks for this info though.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I'm currently 4.2 all core @ 1.280 as 1.275 would change it to 1.270. but it still stays at 1.275 according to HWiNFO.

Just had a couple of hours in civ6 seems stable enough, going to try 4.3 after a couple more tests, I'm so glad I didn't get the XT CPU bug lol this will do me til 4xxx

Thanks for this info though.
No problem mate. Always worth trying to OC, don’t get why people say don’t bother, it does not take long and can be fun to do, so nothing to lose. Maybe the ones posting don’t bother are the ones with rubbish silicon :p:D

Caporegime
I must be very lucky then, mine runs at 4.4Ghz in all loads at all times (unlike your stock 3600X) and at a much lower 1.275v ;)

Lucky I did not listen to Panos and the likes of you and spent a few minutes to see if it actually overclocks or I would be stuck at 4.2Ghz on small loads and under 4GHz on heavy loads and all at a toasty voltage to boot :D

I haven't even bothered to try clocking mine as it would make literally zero difference if I did manage to squeeze more performance or lower the voltage.

I overclocked my gpu and tbh yeah it also has made zero difference even with quite a large overclock.

The old days of clocking are gone. Pointless endeavour. You seem to be really happy with it but do you even use the pc or it's power?

My cpu runs at 25% whilst gaming. I hardly need an extra 200 mhz, etc.

If I was really bothered I could sell my 3600x and buy a 3600xt, but I see zero point in doing so.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I haven't even bothered to try clocking mine as it would make literally zero difference if I did manage to squeeze more performance or lower the voltage.

I overclocked my gpu and tbh yeah it also has made zero difference even with quite a large overclock.

The old days of clocking are gone. Pointless endeavour. You seem to be really happy with it but do you even use the pc or it's power?

My cpu runs at 25% whilst gaming. I hardly need an extra 200 mhz, etc.

If I was really bothered I could sell my 3600x and buy a 3600xt, but I see zero point in doing so.
Lol. I knew I may get to you with that post ;)

Results speak for themselves with my CPU, so always worth trying to OC if you enjoy that kind of thing.

Caporegime
Anyone here stream with this cpu ? If so how do you find it ?

I have a 3600 in my unraid server and it's capable of streaming 4k, dolby atmos and high bit rate stuff. Although it does hit 90-95% usage whilst doing so.

I put a 1650 super in and that's decreased the load back to a well under 10% and regularly around 2%.

For streaming you want a 1650 super as it uses nvenc

Soldato

Results speak for themselves with my CPU, so always worth trying to OC if you enjoy that kind of thing.
Benchmarks aside you would be hard pushed to notice a real world difference especially in game fps where you would be looking at 122 vs 125 etc for a 200mhz OC.

Caporegime

Do they though?

What was the fps increase in games?

That's a rhetorical question as I know the answer is next to nothing.

Gpu is king for gaming. Like I said you are happy with your chip and you decided to spend several days tweaking it. I find much better things to do to enjoy my time. After all you only live once and the last thing I'd want to do is spend 48 hours tweaking and testing stability and it wouldn't be worth the potential corruption of an unstable clock. As overclocks can become unstable over time. The last thing I'd then want to do is spend days re installing a clean version of Windows and getting my pc back to normal all for an overclock which makes zero real difference.

The 3600xt is faster and only a few quid more and I'd rather spend that few quid than mess about with infinity fabrics and what not.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Do they though?

What was the fps increase in games?

That's a rhetorical question as I know the answer is next to nothing.

Gpu is king for gaming. Like I said you are happy with your chip and you decided to spend several days tweaking it. I find much better things to do to enjoy my time. After all you only live once and the last thing I'd want to do is spend 48 hours tweaking and testing stability and it wouldn't be worth the potential corruption of an unstable clock. As overclocks can become unstable over time. The last thing I'd then want to do is spend days re installing a clean version of Windows and getting my pc back to normal all for an overclock which makes zero real difference.

The 3600xt is faster and only a few quid more and I'd rather spend that few quid than mess about with infinity fabrics and what not.
Why are you talking about gaming? Strawman because you lost an argument? ;)

I could not even keep 4GHz on stock when doing CPU heavy tasks, was around 3.8GHz as I recall. Now it is at 4.4GHz. Yea, so I think there is a huge difference. Not to mention doing all this while running much cooler, quieter and consuming less power.

You are so stubborn at times man.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Benchmarks aside you would be hard pushed to notice a real world difference especially in game fps where you would be looking at 122 vs 125 etc for a 200mhz OC.
Much lower temps and voltage worthless too?

You guys crack me up.

I get your point and yes most Ryzen CPUs do not overclock or undervault. But there is no harm in trying is my point. I know I am glad I did.

C64

C64

Soldato
Its not rocket science mate. Go in BIOS and type in 1.275v for voltage, then type in the multiplier. Start with 42, then go 43 and then 44, hell even try 45 :D

but they're saying anything but auto can damage it ? this isnt like intel on speedstep

C64

C64

Soldato

why whats the deal with 1.3 ? the chips rated up to 1.5v

Caporegime
Why are you talking about gaming? Strawman because you lost an argument? ;)

I could not even keep 4GHz on stock when doing CPU heavy tasks, was around 3.8GHz as I recall. Now it is at 4.4GHz. Yea, so I think there is a huge difference. Not to mention doing all this while running much cooler, quieter and consuming less power.

You are so stubborn at times man.

Because nobody buys the 3600 for CPU heavy tasks. They buy an 8 core or even a 12 core cpu. Not a 6 core.

This is pretty much a gaming cpu.

Also there has been multiple firmware and bios updates to prevent the issues with the clocks since launch.

Most run fine now. If anything your argument is strawman.

Your clocks do nothing for gaming on a gaming cpu.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Because nobody buys the 3600 for CPU heavy tasks. They buy an 8 core or even a 12 core cpu. Not a 6 core.

This is pretty much a gaming cpu.

Also there has been multiple firmware and bios updates to prevent the issues with the clocks since launch.

Most run fine now.
Lol. My example has nothing to do with clock issues fixed by BIOS updates.

As I say, stubborn. Once you made up your mind you become blinded to everything else and start strawmaning, may work on others, but not me sir ;)

End of the day it does not take long to see if you have a good chip, you gain speed and get lower temps. Worth trying like I did.

I will carry on rocking 4.4GHz with lower temps and lower power usage :D

C64

C64

Soldato
Lol. My example has nothing to do with clock issues fixed by BIOS updates.

As I say, stubborn. Once you made up your mind you become blinded to everything else and start strawmaning, may work on others, but not me sir ;)

End of the day it does not take long to see if you have a good chip, you gain speed and get lower temps. Worth trying like I did.

I will carry on rocking 4.4GHz with lower temps and lower power usage :D
What temps do you get on prime 95 FFT ?

Back
Top Bottom