US: The Strain

Soldato
Watched the first episode last night. Seems interesting but a lot of stuff seemed really silly; the air traffic controllers abandoning the ATC tower to go and have a look around the plane, then deciding out of the blue to call every government agency in existence because "it's a dead plane", then the CDC claiming jurisdiction based on absolutely nothing when the natural assumption would be hijacking/terrorism. Eh? Quite a sloppy way of setting up the overall storyline.

I'll stick with it a while though.

Permabanned
OP
The master is a bit of a wacko, he said he is the drinker of people haha.

I am surprised they have not tried to involve more people at this point, like police and authorities. I guess that adds to the whole story, the grandma is definitely annoying character, i was hoping she had been bitten at the gate when she was facing the other way. I think that other guy who drove the coffin is going to end up helping them.

Soldato
The series started good, the first half of the season was good then it went down hill fast and became pretty predictable and stuff we all seen before.

Have to say it's disappointing since it started out so good.

Soldato
arrgh just wish that grandmother would turn. I was so hopeful when they hinted at it when he came back with the fags. I think they know we hate her and are toying with us:D

Soldato
The series started good, the first half of the season was good then it went down hill fast and became pretty predictable and stuff we all seen before.

Have to say it's disappointing since it started out so good.
Have to agree. It started out so promisingly well. Eps11 wasn't all that at all. It was good to see more from Augustin aka Gus though.

I can't wait for Augustin 'Gus' to join the crazy gang. Him and Vasily will make for a good vampire killing combo I reckon. With so many vamps below the city, how on earth have the police still not noticed? I know comms is down but still!

Associate
Episode wasn't bad, except for the old man going crazy and wanting to dander through the million vampires at the end.
Didn't like the crawling through the tunnel bit, I'm not particularly claustrophobic but that would have been unpleasant!

Caporegime
i actually thought the tight tunnel bit was probably best bit. :p

they just need to get on with showing the master more and stop with the silly crap.

Caporegime
Me and the GF are watching this and are upto about ep 6 or 7, there was an eclipse in the last episode.

I like the show overall but so much of it makes me frustrated for the wrong reasons. People are so stupid or so BLIND that they cant see what is happening 2 feet from their faces.

Multiple vampires killing people in broad daylight, no one calls a doctor when their loved one is grey skinned with red eyes etc etc. The dumbest FBI people ever.

Most of the characters are interesting, the dialogue needs to be re-translated by someone that doesn't have cheese all over their pen. Some characters are so awful i wish they would just die. I hope they do soon. (Hispanic woman+mum, Hispanic Man and Weevil from Veronica Mars, Wife, Kids even 'Share the load' guy is annoying.)
Its cheesy as hell but its watchable as long as your brain is turned off. The special effects are pretty good. I hate how these things get dragged on for multiple series. I assume this will last a while. But it seems a lot of things i try to watch that are this cheesy get cancelled, like revolution. But that was hilariously bad at the end.

Soldato
Ok I'm happyish;

1. That stupid mother is dead woo! (Clearly a good actress as I hated her lol)
2. Saw the AVV briefly although I feel a show with them as the main characters would be better.

They're dragging it out so badly now :(. Also wtf when they set up the satellite for the broadcast a bright green led turns on to say it's ready(as said by hacker girl) yet rat catcher double checks the bright green led with his flashlight? :D.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Latest episode was superb aside from the norm I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Granny finally got the peace you wanted and the anti vamp Vamps made a appearance. Good back story about Abraham and also finally moving ahead with rich bad guy

8/10

Soldato
My wife and I actually applauded when Granny Martinez got taken out. However, the scene brought up two plot irritations.
One, why did they bother moving her and risking contamination?! She's as good as dead already.
Two, how come the rock star still had hair? Are we really supposed to believe that after all the physical changes, feeding, head twitching, breaking in etc that his wig is still on his head? Remarkable. :D

Caporegime
My wife and I actually applauded when Granny Martinez got taken out. However, the scene brought up two plot irritations.
One, why did they bother moving her and risking contamination?! She's as good as dead already.
Two, how come the rock star still had hair? Are we really supposed to believe that after all the physical changes, feeding, head twitching, breaking in etc that his wig is still on his head? Remarkable. :D

they didn't want her to turn into one of them and the rockstar guy wears a wig, his real hair is short.

Back
Top Bottom