The Tesla Thread

Soldato
Telephone call from Tesla - just to confirm Mondays appointment.

My son is off school that day on holiday so he's coming with me -super excited so he is!!

Soldato
Just had a call and two emails asking for me to contact Tesla - I was dreading the call.

Due to pick up on Monday 23rd 1pm in Edinburgh.

Called as requested - Can you pick up tomorrow at 1pm instead.... your car is ready to go.

Currently I have not made payment, have no reg number and no home charger!!!:)

I told them I was getting charger installed tomorrow (friday) at some point so can't guarantee when I could be away. So they have allocated Saturday at 1pm instead.

She said however, that if the guy is finished and I can make 3pm on Friday - just to call her tomorrow and I can go straight there!!

Must be a mega rush/push to get cars out the door before the end of the quarter. Also calling the delivery number - picked up in 30 seconds.

So tomorrow I need to get reg number, insurance, pay final invoice, get charger installed at home, sort out train times to get to service centre......Looks like a busy day ahead.

nam

nam

Soldato
picked up mine today west drayton.

all great, no issues to report. blue is my colour. london traffic unfortunately was terrible. no time to super charge all stalls full with model S or X

group handover took around 15 minutes, I took longer after just going through the checklist high priority items after the initial setup with group.

there was a senior bloke there who was very confused. felt sorry for him as he was asking the tesla lad about navigation and tesla lad was wanting to get the next batch of people in for 16:30

ZdSpzT0.jpg

Soldato
Very nice - enjoy.

Currently got Rolec installers here fitting my charger - having to run the armoured cable along the outside of the house as it's too much to go "through" the house. Excited to be picking up tomorrow.

Soldato
Couple of observations from todays driving.

67 miles each way - 134 round trip.

83% efficiency on the way home, 257wh/mile

The Adaptive Cruise control is not as smooth as my golf gti.....It can be very "jerky" at times in the Model 3 and is certainly prone to the odd phantom braking.

The Auto pilot is not bad, it's certainly useable - However I'm trying to find out - Does the SR+ without the FSD do auto lane change??

Having issues with my home Rolec charger as well.....Doesn't seem to want to charger at 32A at all - drops to 16A all the time. Trying to speak to installers who say speak to manufacturers as they can't see any issues with it, and ev.energy seem a little slow to respond to anything.

Soldato
Out of interest, how are those of you who are now driving finding the cabin controls? The lack of buttons and levers, etc. to control stuff really puts me off the Tesla. Do you find it easy to get used to?

How often are you using said buttons and levers? Might adjust the climate control temperature a couple times a year but that’s about it for me.

Soldato

thanks! at least I know.

Buttons/settings wise @Mr Jack - nothing to get used to - set it up and go.....Buttons are just a mess when I get back in a normal car like my wifes. It shows what can be done.

Honestly - set things up and go.....real pleasure to have it look so clean..

Charging at local free charger tonight whilst daughter swimming - had 3 people come over for a look/chat.

Felt bad as one guy in his Zoe said he was a day 1 reservation, day 1 deposit payment and is still waiting for his car......

Back
Top Bottom