***The Wine Thread***

Soldato
Nice! I am a happy man because I have the Cantine San Marzano Collezione Cinquanta taking some air and homemade pizza base rising. Got the place to myself until Sunday night and new red wines to try :)

Soldato
Who asked about half bottles? This Offer might be interesting.

Excellent, thanks for this.

I've generally been sticking to the Aldi Zinfandel Amerone which has been reasonable at £4/half bottle. The Malbec they do is considerably less good though.

Well, i say that. Aldi are doing a "wine week" so i ended up buying various full bottles and just drinking them instead :D

Also @Tuppy_Glossop send me an email to my username at Hotmail.com

I've just spotted something you could do with knowing but i'd rather not post on here and you don't have Trust enabled :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I ran out of (nearly, not quite) wine in my basement and realised this is a bad thing. But, since I'm not currently employed by anyone, figured I should go at a more friendly level of purchase. I really like the new way you can buy on vivino though! I have had about 30 bottles arrive in a couple of days and all free delivery (I signed up for premium vivino for it, but 5quid is a bargain).

I am really wanting to get some nickel and nickel from the US (my **** it's amazingly good) but can't seem to at all. We're thinking about moving back to the UK and I'd love to setup a really bloody high end wine shop with only the best I could find from around the world. But I'd drink it all.

Caporegime
How have I missed this thread!?

Introuced to Brunello di Montalcino (2010) over a year ago when visiting New York, one of my favourite wines. It can be a bit pricey but upon return from NY, found it in Asda of all places for £18 :D.

Back
Top Bottom