***The Wine Thread***

Soldato
Yeah, obvs I got em :p Next target is the Edgebaston Camina Africana Cab Franc 2013. I love cab franc, it's my current fave. That's why I ordered two of the Grand Cru Maipo from Caballo Loco (cab sauv/cab franc blend).

Soldato
That's Friday night sorted!

I picked up a few bottles of English sparkling stuff from Waitrose. Gonna open the Ridgeview tonight i think.

Need a trip down there at some point, the shear quantity of vinyards which have popped up is insane!

Had some Ridgeview recently (Branded as Wine Society's Exhibition English NV Sparkling wine). It was pretty decent.

Soldato
Booze order for Christmas should be turning up today. Markedly different from last year's order when there are 12 of us and a few big drinkers within the group.

Gone for BBR again. A few bottles each of Cremant de Bourgogne, BBR's Santa Barbara Pinot Noir from Au Bon Climat and their BBR Extra Ordinary Claret. A half bottle of Sauternes to finish it off. Got the in-laws over for lunch, so only five of us and they don't drink much, and I've already conceded to my wife that I've mainly bought with January and February in mind :D

Soldato
Had a bottle of Sparkling Shiraz last night (this one https://www.aldi.co.uk/fork-&-spoon-sparkling-shiraz/p/013489304351600 to be precise )

What're peoples thoughts on a sparkling red? It was a bit weird to start with as i think the brain gets confused about what it's having, it was also a bit too cold i think but once it'd warmed a little it was actually pretty pleasant. I imagine it'd be great on a sunny day when you want something cold but also fancy red wine.

Soldato
Sparkling Shiraz is an interesting one. A few years ago my mate said he tried some at a wine tasting event and I had never heard of it before and was very sceptical. He said it was quite interesting and went on to buy some later. I still haven't tried it yet but remain open to trying it. There is an Aldi being built about 100 yards from my home so I guess God wants me to be an alcoholic.
Got my Caballo Loco wines today. It's 'Christmas Wine' so I probably shouldn't chin any tonight. I do seem to have left one out for further study, though, the Grand Cru Maipo. It's a Cab Sauv/Cab Franc blend and I got two of them, so I guess no harm will be done if I snaffle one ce soir :cool: I'll leave the others for nearer Christmas. The Anniversario 62s were not for Xmas and I only have two of those left :eek: I swear my self control is a negative value, I'm nearly as bad as randomshenans :p

Soldato
Decided on my Xmas Fizz too. I'm going English, and it's not even from Sussex or Surrey... it's from Henley on Thames! It's Fairmile Vineyard’s Classic Cuvée NV. It comes very highly recommended and I can get it from Exel Wines for £27.50 per bottle. Think I'll snaffle three of those along with a bottle of Cachaca for festive caiprinhas (to keep the scurvy at bay in the depths of winter!).

Back
Top Bottom