The Witcher 2 - Thread

Soldato
Taken from another forum : -

First of all, make sure you're editing the ini's in the Documents/Witcher 2/Config folder, NOT the game installation folder (this took me hours to figure out :<...)

Anyways, open the User.ini file under ...\Documents\Witcher 2\Config

check the KeyboardLayout= property, for most people it should be QWERTY. close the file without saving.

Assuming it is QWERTY, open the input_QWERTY.ini in the same folder, find the IK_Pad_RightAxisY=(GameKey="GI_AxisRightY",Value=1) and change the value to -1.

IK_Pad_RightAxisY=(GameKey="GI_AxisRightY",Value=-1)

Save and exit. I tried this and it worked for me.

Thanks for the reply, once again just incase the misses wants to use a controller also. Seriously tempted to bring the PC through to the living room and use a pad to play it on my 32inch tv. Mmmm decisions :)

Associate
Is it even worth bothering with with a 5850?

When you've got people with £700 worth of graphics cards saying it isn't a solid 60fps you know it's time to check before you buy.

I've got a 5850 and it runs perfectly fine for me. I'm running on mostly high settings(not max) and at 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Have to say that I'm far too busy enjoying the game to be analysing every pixel and frame. A 5850 is more than enough to enjoy the visuals of this game.

Soldato
What difficulty is everyone playing on?
from the comments so far, I hope it isn't too hard as that spoils the immersion for me. For example, i am playing the first one atm, and for a great warrior, i sure have trouble killing a wolf (well not trouble but i wouldn't expect a great warrior to take 9-10 blows) I might even put it on the easiest setting now just to get through it.

Last edited:
Associate
Playing on normal at the moment and I have died enough times already (only in the prison escape bit). Fighting will take soem getting used to but any more than 3 people and I either get my ass kicked in 5 seconds or spend 20 minutes rolling around the area hitting a person every now and then. needs some practice because its a bit iffy as its stands.

Soldato
PLayed for a good few hours and im loving this! Story telling and the environments are so engrossing this game has mega polish and UI is great. I have had to drop this to normal as i was getting owned by the soilders on normal. They gang up on you and its hard to dodge them

Combat is not fluid enough imo but its not bad at all. Visuals are stunning but i think the Art style helps it more.

If you want a good RPG this seems to be one of the best in a while. Have any of you played AC:Brotherhood? Imagone how epic this game would be with that sort of combat style!!!

Few issues i have

Some sort of mouse lag
FPS is really good and then will drop to 10FPS for a few seconds evrey now and again super jarring (GTX480 SOC)

anyone have any fixes for the issues?

Soldato
Don't know if this is good but I get 40-45 FPS in the Kings camp area at the start of the game. 1920x1080 all max except SSAO, Ubersampling and the DOF in game.

This is on a GTX 580, what you think?

What drivers is that with? try with ubersampling on and check fps too please.:p

DOF isn't worth having on in any game really.

Associate
Ive been playing on normal but have been dieing quite a lot. But im getting better. Im starting to find the magic very useful. You definitely wont last long if you just stand there clicking to try and kill someone. You need to dodge, use magic, traps, potions and pretty much every tool you have to get by. I really like it. Too many games out there are far too easy these days. The gameplay is reminding me a little of Demon's Souls at the moment. Which is a good thing.

Associate
What drivers is that with? try with ubersampling on and check fps too please.:p

DOF isn't worth having on in any game really.

Correction getting 35-42 FPS in the camp, it's a bit poor really considering I have a top graphics card. When did having two cards in SLI be the requirement for new games lol.

Still its smooth enough I guess. When I enable ubersampling frames dive into the 20s :eek:

Using the new 275 beta drivers, to be fair I recall the 270 one running slightly faster.

Soldato
Suddenly glad I started on easy, RPG's I just want to enjoy the story and exploring, I'd probably have shelved the game if the difficulty was frustrating

You can change the difficulty at any time. I moved mine down to easy after getting owned 20 times in a row on a part with 3 guards in a very small area. The area was too small to roll away so i was getting slaughtered.

Enjoying the game much more on easy

Permabanned
Is it even worth bothering with with a 5850?

When you've got people with £700 worth of graphics cards saying it isn't a solid 60fps you know it's time to check before you buy.

I'm using a £180 Twin Frozr GTX 470 (OC'd) and it's running on ultra without uber sampling and dangling objects (that's off even when you turn it to ultra, no idea what it does)

On chapter 1 of the game in a forest during combat and walking around the gorgeous environment I'm getting 50-60 FPS.

It's amazing how well optimized it is, looks fantastic.

Caporegime
I've barely got into the game and, am utterly hating it? Other than randomly on loading the game it quite frequently doesn't recognise my mouse buttons 1/2 so I can't fight and theres no remapping/options in general in game for no apparent reason.

Aside from that, combat is awful, I'm trying to focus on one guard to kill him and the game will randomly choose another guy to hit, so my guy ends up rolling/jumping into the middle of 6 guards and I get killed.

Combat so far is horrific, for a tutorial section as its being called, I played the Witcher 1 so long ago I can't remember what any of the powers do, theres no recap, theres very little in the way of on screen stuff, the pop up text is small, and randomly dissappears far to quickly in almost every circumstance.

Then theres basic things like the wheel system UI being great for a pad(i'd imagine) but a game dedicated for the PC, why on earth such a massive change from the last game.

As with so many other games lately why such a radical shift in style of the game in combat.
It looks not half bad, though vs other games for the performance it doesn't seem particularly good.

The speech options being up in the right hand side of the screen just feels wrong, clunky, stupid.

Maybe some of this stuff is covered in the manuals, but I can't think of the last game, or the first game in which I've had to read a manual to check what key does what, or where the missing options I can't find from the first game are, etc, etc.

It feels consolified, without the actual being put on a console part, and I can't for the life of me work out why.

Soldato
As much as I am loving this game, the combat is a right handful.

Why have they changed it so much from the first, it just feels slightly broken.

Back
Top Bottom