• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Soldato
Don't reason with the pig. Just report it. (small triangle with exclamation mark at bottom left of post).

Do you ever bring anything good to this forum, threads you open get closed and all your post are utter ****e, never mind the report button, your going in my ignore list, have fun won't you :rolleyes:

Never used the report button or ignore list, and likely never will.

IMO I do not see the point of it, besides its not like we're down the pub arguing whilst smashing bottles over heads and swinging the pool cue. Its a forum.

As for the ignore list, I'd always wonder what the person wrote and it may prove useful so Id rather not miss out posts.

Caporegime
Just read through the last few pages and LOL at the people who aren't bothered about the downgrade in graphics, this is exactly why this is a common occurrence in the gaming industry today, people just shrug it of and still throw their money at the developers so until that stops, don't expect anything to be different next time, it is no different to what happened with watch dogs, far cry 3 etc. and no different to hardware i.e. 970 3.5 + 0.5GB VRAM issue. False advertising at its very best.

Fair enough to the reasons as to why they had to downgrade, not surprised as consoles always hold back the PC but 1 point:

- why couldn't they have come forward sooner about this rather than letting reviewers etc. show the "real" graphics, surely if they knew this was going to be completely different looking, they could have made an announcement months ago? (oh and that is a rhetorical question, we all know the reason, pre-orders/money........)

Anyway, never played the first 2 witcher games and I don't think this is really my type of game, however, the gameplay/game world looks quite fun and something different to my usual games so I will be picking this up when it is in a steam sale.

Last edited:
Soldato
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

Here is a great guide from Nvidia guy himself on how to get the game looking the best it possibly can with tweaks and the performance hit you will end up with. It looks like hes changed the colours too to look more like the original version.

the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cascadeshadowdmapsize-config-file-tweak-001-8192.png

Looking at the pictures on that link you can get this game looking pretty damn good with tweaks.

Last edited:
Associate
Just read through the last few pages and LOL at the people who aren't bothered about the downgrade in graphics, this is exactly why this is a common occurrence in the gaming industry today, people just shrug it of and still throw their money at the developers so until that stops, don't expect anything to be different next time, it is no different to what happened with watch dogs, far cry 3 etc. and no different to hardware i.e. 970 3.5 + 0.5GB VRAM issue. False advertising at its very best.

Fair enough to the reasons as to why they had to downgrade, not surprised as consoles always hold back the PC but 1 point:

- why couldn't they have come forward sooner about this rather than letting reviewers etc. show the "real" graphics, surely if they knew this was going to be completely different looking, they could have made an announcement months ago? (oh and that is a rhetorical question, we all know the reason, pre-orders/money........)

Anyway, never played the first 2 witcher games and I don't think this is really my type of game, however, the gameplay/game world looks quite fun and something different to my usual games so I will be picking this up when it is in a steam sale.

Wait theres a downgrade?

I would never know without someone mentioning it on every page of the thread, thanks.

Soldato
Tbf, some of the shots in that Nv Tweak guide do look impressive, for example this one:

the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-shadow-quality-001-ultra.png

Whilst others just dont have that visual flare for some reason, its like theres just something missing from the scene. The pic in the spoiler has the colours just right and the ambiance with the shadows is really good. Maybe its just me and my eyesight but I find lots of games - not just W3 - too colourful sometimes, I find the lack of colour makes a game harsher like a bleached effect that compliments the games atmosphere. I did the same with Alien Isolation, I almost halfed the colour level on my screen to take away that vibrant/happy feeling. Needless to say, this method dosent work on Mario Kart or The Sims :p

Soldato
Im the same Neoglow. The d65 colour standard doesn't have overblown colours. There more muted and closer to how it would be in real life. That's how I watch my movies and that's how I like my games too. I hate the overly bright unrealistic colours that look like there running on a dynamic mode you get on TV's. With some like the witcher it suits the world much more when it looks less colourfull and more muted.

Back
Top Bottom